Judge my chickens! (Marans/cream Legbars)

Miriah132

Songster
Mar 16, 2018
So I want to attend a show this September just to get the experience. I don’t plan on winning best of show or anything lol but can someone look at my chickens and tell me which one/s you would take to the show? Obviously these are not great pictures at all and they’re a few weeks old. Pictures taken at 12 weeks old and they’re about 16 weeks now. With cream Legbars what category would you have to show them in? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Cream Legbar cockerel
AD66F92B-F3CE-4B81-A1B5-EE7CFE13294E.jpeg

Cream Legbar pullet
76FB9030-728F-4A78-B18E-52188896FB67.jpeg

Black copper Maran cockerel
85E83674-ADE9-44B6-B4C3-8D206BD6DE0E.jpeg

Black copper Maran pullet
1A179481-368A-411B-8843-EFA250CC9A3C.jpeg

FYI if you are considering showing Marans, even a single Marans is still a Marans. S on the end. I don’t mean to sound rude, just pointing it out if you seriously get into them, it’s something you should know.
I can’t comment on the quality, as I just started flocks or both breeds myself! :) But will follow along for others opinions.

FYI if you are considering showing Marans, even a single Marans is still a Marans. S on the end. I don’t mean to sound rude, just pointing it out if you seriously get into them, it’s something you should know.
I can’t comment on the quality, as I just started flocks or both breeds myself! :) But will follow along for others opinions.
Really? So instead of saying “my Black copper Maran cockerel”, it should be my Black copper marans coxkerel”?

Fairs and agricultural events have different classes than an APA sanctioned show, such as utility birds which are Sex-Links. I would have to look up the Standard of Perfection which is what the judges take into consideration, how close they are to the standard.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom