June 2023 Hatch-a-long

I gave the remaining 5 eggs to my broody that are on day 17 (this afternoon is day 18) so she has 11 under her. Hopefully they all hatch out between Fri/Sat and all goes well!!!!!!

Then I have 23 in the incubator. I removed one that was clear yesterday. They are on day 6 later today. I have some that I am not sure of still in there but trying to get the incubator to 22 so I don't have to hand turn at all anymore. LOL

So idk if this is part of this hatch a long but
I hatched 5wfbs on 5/5
Set 11 sanjak 5/5 due in 5/27
Hatched 2 crele legbar on 5/9
Hatched 5 bcm on 5/11
Set 12 deathlayer on 5/12 due 6/2
Set 8 clb 3 buckeyes and 3 buckeye xcochin on 5/16 dye on 6/6
Setting Russian orloffs this weekend
The last 3 fit here. But the more the merrier.

You sound a bit like me but mine aren't that many or that close

I have 5 that hatched 5/4
11 under a broody that should hatch 5/20
And 23 in the incubator that should hatch 6/1.

The last 3 fit here. But the more the merrier.

You sound a bit like me but mine aren't that many or that close

I have 5 that hatched 5/4
11 under a broody that should hatch 5/20
And 23 in the incubator that should hatch 6/1
I really started hatching in October after new year hatch a long I took January off and set eggs on February 4th and been setting and hatching since

I really started hatching in October after new year hatch a long I took January off and set eggs on February 4th and been setting and hatching since
I started hatching for someone else in I think Nov, may have been oct. or Dec, I would need to go back and look and hatched each month for him until March then hatched for myself as well as him since then. after these eggs I need to take a break till I find homes for some of the babies and get my new coop all set. Was hoping it would be ready by next weekend so I could play musical chicks/chickens.... But it won't be and we are going away for 2 weekends with only a week in between then so most likely it will be another MONTH till the coop is done so I need to figure something out for all these babies! LOL

Hi guys!

After my dismal May hatch, I’m over here for what hopefully will be a better one!

I have a customer who wants “as many chicks as I can hatch”, along w someone who gave me a very old Farm Innovators Still Air Incubator.

I set 41 eggs in that on Friday, cleaned out my NR360 and just set 28 eggs in there.

I also have 2 Kebonnix Incubators hatching eggs tomorrow that I will be setting eggs in hopefully tomorrow & Tuesday…if not Wednesday.

For a total of 93 eggs set. 😳. I think I’ll be glad I staggered everyone a day or two so I can tend to each group separately. I will be using a very large brooder with 2 heat plates until all are ready for my customer.

Hatch dates are from 6/9-6/13. I will wrap up hatching for the year at that point, and my chick order arrives the week of June 19th, so I’ll be able to focus on my own biddies and the Silkies I am currently hatching with my son. 😊

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom