Just for fun... What is he?

fanov8

Songster
11 Years
May 17, 2010
East TN
I know the parents of this roo. Actually I know the father and I'm pretty sure I know the mother. But I thought maybe you guys might like to take a guess and see what you all come up with before I tell. Anyone wanna play? Here are 3 pics. He was 4 months old in these photos.

He is the roo up front:
jan11066.jpg

He is the roo on the right:
jan11070.jpg

And this is his back:
jan11071.jpg

I love seeing all the different guesses. Just goes to show that so many crosses can look like other crosses! Anyone else wanna guess before I reveal?
big_smile.png

Quote:
I have no earthly idea but I did notice the white earlobes. What I'm interested in is that run/coop.....got any more pictures? It looks very nice! Thanks in advance!
clap.gif

I have no earthly idea but I did notice the white earlobes. What I'm interested in is that run/coop.....got any more pictures? It looks very nice! Thanks in advance!

Yup, white ears. But his sisters all lay light to medium brown eggs. I'll go out and take some pictures of them in a bit, I'm sure that might help. Along with their brother, he is way different than him. LOL seriously.

I'll have to see if I have any more pics of the run. We just took it down 2 weeks ago so that we could move and haven't been able to set it back up yet. I actually built it myself (my husband works out of town and is only home every other weekend). I went to Lowe's and bought some 2x4x8's. Each panel uses a total of 4 boards. I cut 1 in half to make the 4' height. Then I laid 3 more boards out and screwed everything together to make panels. I made 4 panels. Then I stapled the chicken wire to the inside of the panels. Our gate is actually from a dog run that the wind broke apart. The gate is opposite the coop door so it was built to be the same size so that everything would fit together right. Then we went back to Lowe's and bought a sun shade that goes on a dog kennel. I took some of the extra poles from the wind torn dog kennel and laid them across the top of the run and then stretched the sun shade over the top. It actually fit perfectly! It keeps any predators that we have around here out (including the neighbors cats). It gives them shade and keeps alot of the rain out. I'll see if I can find some other pictures of it. If not I will be setting it back up this weekend and will post some then.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom