Lemon Owlbeard Eggs

I am wanting to get some but not for the Easter Hatchalong. I am testing a new incubator on my crossbred meat chickens before I chance some expensive eggs. I have been entranced with these guys since before GFF imported them. I just have a thing for beards I guess (because I also like the Ameraucana, EE, OE). Oh and I am just waiting for someone to import the English Auracana which also has a crest.
What kind of incubator? I’m always looking for incubator opinions / reviews 😊

Just wondering if you still have your Owlbeards and if any are available this year? I'm in WA so you'd have to be able to ship!
Hello! Yes, I do have Owlbeards 😊. I do have eggs and chicks. Eggs are 120+20 shipping plus extras or 50+20 shipping/half dozen plus an extra. I have a few orders so there’s about a 3 week wait. Chicks are 30 each and are vaccinated for Mareks. The shipping for 4-8 chicks is about 60-75 depending on zip code for 9-12 it’s 75-100. I have a group hatching May 5th. I’m an individual breeder so I don’t do the huge cabinet incubator batches really, or haven’t to date lol. So I have 26 in the incubator for that date and about 10 reserved. I’m NPIP and would be shipping from Ohio. I prefer shipping chicks at 2 weeks old when they’re better prepared for a trip. The juvenile shipping boxes have a film over the ventilation holes and it retains heat better as well.
Best,
Jen

Hello! Yes, I do have Owlbeards 😊. I do have eggs and chicks. Eggs are 120+20 shipping plus extras or 50+20 shipping/half dozen plus an extra. I have a few orders so there’s about a 3 week wait. Chicks are 30 each and are vaccinated for Mareks. The shipping for 4-8 chicks is about 60-75 depending on zip code for 9-12 it’s 75-100. I have a group hatching May 5th. I’m an individual breeder so I don’t do the huge cabinet incubator batches really, or haven’t to date lol. So I have 26 in the incubator for that date and about 10 reserved. I’m NPIP and would be shipping from Ohio. I prefer shipping chicks at 2 weeks old when they’re better prepared for a trip. The juvenile shipping boxes have a film over the ventilation holes and it retains heat better as well.
Best,
Jen
Thank you! Sounds great!!! Love my owlbeards so much. Have you had any issues with your cockbirds attacking you? My boy was being overly protective and yesterday I had it with him and I put him in “chicken jail” by himself for 10 minutes. I put him back outside after 10 minutes and he has not kicked me once. It’s so nice and I hope I don’t have any more issues with him flogging me. I like how protective he is of his ladies, but I was fed up. Anyway he is a beautiful boy and very good with his flock and I love him so much. Just wanted to ask if your boys are very protective or how you deal with that. It seems like the 10 minute chicken jail experience has cured him, but I will have to report back. Sending hearts!! 💛🖤💛

Thank you! Sounds great!!! Love my owlbeards so much. Have you had any issues with your cockbirds attacking you? My boy was being overly protective and yesterday I had it with him and I put him in “chicken jail” by himself for 10 minutes. I put him back outside after 10 minutes and he has not kicked me once. It’s so nice and I hope I don’t have any more issues with him flogging me. I like how protective he is of his ladies, but I was fed up. Anyway he is a beautiful boy and very good with his flock and I love him so much. Just wanted to ask if your boys are very protective or how you deal with that. It seems like the 10 minute chicken jail experience has cured him, but I will have to report back. Sending hearts!! 💛🖤💛
😂. I’m laughing over here. I actually have 3 Roos with the ladies (they get along just fine). The oldest Roo is protective - he stalks me like I’m watching you lady just in case! and I give him a “don’t you dare” and a finger shake LOL. But truly he is harmless. They are very watchful over their ladies! Always make sure the girls get their fill of treats before they dig in.
The youngest roo has been absolutely the sweetest- he used to perch on my hand when he was little and still seems to be rather fond of me, comes to stand next to me, sometimes lets me pet him. I guess overall I think they’re protective but not aggressive- I’ve seen aggressive Roos and they’re not that. More sassy perhaps 😂

Back
Top Bottom