Let Me Draw Your Chickens!

I totally agree, making it a chore and feeling like you owe us will probably have an opposite effect on you. Post what you want, draw what you want. I'm pretty sure I speak for all of us when I say that we are happy when you are happy and healthy! If that means you take time for yourself and leave this by the wayside or even if you never draw a chicken again. We are here for you!:hugs
That being said, you are very talented! They all came out so well!:love:love
Precisely.
Very well put Pug Saabi

IMG_8399.JPG IMG_9454.jpg

I don't know if you can draw this little girl based off these thumbnails, but this is Chicken Hawk! She's a special little girl, and she's just like a little puppy. She was the only baby to survive out of her hatching, and she's spoiled rotten. I'd love even just a head sketch of her!
:love
P.S. Saw that you were just coming back after a break- the same could be said here! I feel out of place at BYC these days only having this one single chicken.

View attachment 1597718
I haven't forgotten ;) I have to say his head was a bit tough to do in this cute style. He's absolutely gorgeous though ❤
You made him look friendly! No easy feet since he's evil incarnate where I'm concerned.
20181016_160906.jpg

This is Jr. Not a great picture with his face washed out but a handsome young fella.

View attachment 1519230 View attachment 1519232

I don't know if you can draw this little girl based off these thumbnails, but this is Chicken Hawk! She's a special little girl, and she's just like a little puppy. She was the only baby to survive out of her hatching, and she's spoiled rotten. I'd love even just a head sketch of her!
:love
P.S. Saw that you were just coming back after a break- the same could be said here! I feel out of place at BYC these days only having this one single chicken.

I had a long stretch of a single chicken, years ago. She was the only survivor of many predator attacks, bad weather, and god knows what from me buying the flock out of a “feel free to touch the chicks” feed store. Yeah. I was a dumb bunny. It was before the internet, and they were my first.

So, Baby Girl, a Rhode Island Red, was the last girl left, and she immediately became an inside chick. I moved her into a vacated pet rabbit cage, put a split log on top as an “outside perch”, and always had her in whatever room I was in.
By the time she was full grown, I realized she thought she was a puppy. LOL
She spent every day with her cage open, usually up on her log, watching the going’s on if we weren’t outside. But if I laid down to read… she would waddle from foot to foot, eyeball me, and then dive bomb me to make a crash-landing in the small of my back.
She was happiest nestled up on the small of my back, singing to me.

I didn’t have any for years after her, but even though I have 16 now and none of them have a bond with me… I wish I had a single one that would dive bomb me.

@Hermit - Having a spoiled hen, I do feel sad we haven't been able to get her buddies yet. BUT, she gets a lot of socialization and we go through clicker training together. She is bonded for sure because of being hand-raised, and very well-minded. I will say that the clicker training has helped her also when it comes to her being sociable. Have you ever tried something like this with yours?

Back
Top Bottom