Let Me Draw Your Chickens!

@Hermit - Having a spoiled hen, I do feel sad we haven't been able to get her buddies yet. BUT, she gets a lot of socialization and we go through clicker training together. She is bonded for sure because of being hand-raised, and very well-minded. I will say that the clicker training has helped her also when it comes to her being sociable. Have you ever tried something like this with yours?
I’ve been thinking about it! I’m getting a couple to react to their names, so far. I do a lot of handling (enforced loving time) LOL where one comes inside with me and we sit together for a while… that settles them in and seems to work wonders with a couple of them!

While I was typing, I snapped these of three of them pretending not to like us. :lau

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

very nice! I am sketching my buff orpington hen Annabell... I like her face, but her feathers and background need a bit more work:D
Backgrounds are a pain! I only do them in paint. :barnie I also struggle with body feathers. The best thing I can suggest is look on google for "chicken pencil drawings" and see how other artists draw feathers. I just look at google images. That's how I learned to do a lot. :)

You are very talented. I also enjoy drawing, but have to be in this certain "drawing mood" or else it just doesn't turn out well and i get frustrated. Here's one of my pics i drew:
View attachment 1682531
I really struggle with the face/eyes. I can't every seem to get the beak right either. :barnie
Wow I love it! You really got the pose and body/tail feathers perfectly :love:clap
When I start a drawing, I always start with the head. Once the hard part is out of the way, the whole process flows better IMHO :idunnoif I feel the face is too empty,I add a few more lines here and there to give it more detail. Yours turned out really good though, I wouldn't change a thing.

Back
Top Bottom