Lethargic baby chicken can't keep up with her mom

Fathom

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2021
For context, we have free roam chickens (we are far away from any roads, big property, but they stick around cause we feed em).
One of our newer hatches (she's about 2 weeks old) isn't doing too well. We don't know the breed, but she keeps nodding off while walking, and then waking up to see her mom and siblings are far away, causing her to cheep and try to run to then, but she usually falls asleep again before reaching them.

She wont eat, and will hardly drink. Again, she can't stay awake for long and seems incredibly unresponsive. We took her inside to check on her, and her breathing was labored and she wasn't doing overall well. I made an account to ask for advice? Willing to answer any questions, my mom thinks she ate something weird.

For context, we have free roam chickens (we are far away from any roads, big property, but they stick around cause we feed em).
One of our newer hatches (she's about 2 weeks old) isn't doing too well. We don't know the breed, but she keeps nodding off while walking, and then waking up to see her mom and siblings are far away, causing her to cheep and try to run to then, but she usually falls asleep again before reaching them.

She wont eat, and will hardly drink. Again, she can't stay awake for long and seems incredibly unresponsive. We took her inside to check on her, and her breathing was labored and she wasn't doing overall well. I made an account to ask for advice? Willing to answer any questions, my mom thinks she ate something weird.
Can you post a picture of her? She may have coccidiosis. It wouldn't hurt to treat her with Corid to be on the safe side.

Back
Top Bottom