LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Bless her, are the tumours benign?
My older girl is turning 13 next month and she's full of bumps and lumps now.
I was pretty stressed, cancer is a big fear I have as she's getting older- but the vet thinks they're benign, so we're just keeping an eye on them.

My malamute though just has behavioural stuff I'm pretty sure, vets are happy with her health and her weight, though we'd like her to put a little on because she's still a little slim for her breed- my parents malamute is much different. I think breeding is to blame partially, their dog (rescued along with my girl, she was one of the two pups) is from excellent breeding lines, her aunt and parents are show dogs and have won best of show in some competitions. My girl, idk where she was from. Only that she was a pedigree, I *think* housed outdoors, and the last of the litter to be picked.
We don't know, honestly. She's had at least one, I think it's two now, pop, but she didn't seem to even notice them bleeding and they stopped after a short while. She has far more good days than bad though, which is what matters now. But she's part German Shepherd and is over 10, so she's really old for her background too. She was a rez dog, so no papers and definitely no parent info besides a pic of mom.

We don't know, honestly. She's had at least one, I think it's two now, pop, but she didn't seem to even notice them bleeding and they stopped after a short while. She has far more good days than bad though, which is what matters now. But she's part German Shepherd and is over 10, so she's really old for her background too. She was a rez dog, so no papers and definitely no parent info besides a pic of mom.
She also is heavier than the vet likes, but we can't have her lose more weight. She went lower a few times over the years and every time, her back end would give out quickly until she got the weight back

If you ever get a chance I'd reccomend a dna test! I loved getting to know what breeds my old rescue is. It was pretty fun, and easy to take and send the sample, bit pricey though
If they popped could they have been cysts? Two of my old girls lumps are cysts

If you ever get a chance I'd reccomend a dna test! I loved getting to know what breeds my old rescue is. It was pretty fun, and easy to take and send the sample, bit pricey though
If they popped could they have been cysts? Two of my old girls lumps are cysts
They might be cysts for some of them. W definitely see some tumors on her knees and tail/butt, but most are internal and cellphone shape/size so we just call them all tumors at home.

I want to do the DNA test, but I've heard that some are super inacurrate

They might be cysts for some of them. W definitely see some tumors on her knees and tail/butt, but most are internal and cellphone shape/size so we just call them all tumors at home.

I want to do the DNA test, but I've heard that some are super inacurrate
some can't even tell if its a human or a dog:lau

embark and wisdom panel are the only ones that actually work from what I have heard. People say embark is the most accurate and wisdom panel is less accurate but I haven't found any reason for why people say it is

embark and wisdom panel are the only ones that actually work from what I have heard. People say embark is the most accurate and wisdom panel is less accurate but I haven't found any reason for why people say it is
Embark is the one I'm looking at

I used wisdom panel, I think it did a great job. But supposedly the percentages etc are more accurate with Embark.
for example, Wisdom thinks she's 45% siberian husky, but Embark might think she's a bit more or less.

Idk. I might try Embark someday as a second opinion, would be interesting. But I'm happy with my results for my girl

I used wisdom panel, I think it did a great job. But supposedly the percentages etc are more accurate with Embark.
for example, Wisdom thinks she's 45% siberian husky, but Embark might think she's a bit more or less.

Idk. I might try Embark someday as a second opinion, would be interesting. But I'm happy with my results for my girl
I did wisdom panel but with Fanta, who I already know the breeds of. it did make a few mistakes but with breeds closely related to giant schnauzers so that made sense. From what I have seen comparing results form both I have preferred wisdom panel, I got the feeling embark had a lot more weirds breeds. I haven't seen anybody test both with I dog the know the pedigree of. If it wasn't so expensive I would do it 🙁

Back
Top Bottom