Liquid Corid dose for chicks?

I have chicks that are almost a week old. I "think" one may have coccidiosis... She isn't moving about as much as the others and there was a bit of blood in her poo.

I have liquid corid on hand but do not know what the dose is for a small waterer. I have a 1 qt chick waterer or a 1 gallon waterer. Are they too young to treat? What is the dose?

Thanks so much!
idk Water doses but I have nebulized it to my chickens before. Its working so far lol good luck 🤞

idk Water doses but I have nebulized it to my chickens before. Its working so far lol good luck 🤞
What?! Perhaps you are confused by the medication?
You are nebulizing Corid to your chickens? Nebulizing is a treatment method for respiratory illness/symptoms.
Corid is a Coccidiostat that treats Coccidia which are a protozoa found in the intestines. I see no benefit of using Corid in nebulizer it will not treat respiratory illness nor would nebulizing the Corid be an effective treatment for Coccidiosis since it is meant to go through the digestive system and target the Coccidia found in the intestines.

Use this:
Treatment20% Powder9.6% Liquid
For 3-5 days1.5 teaspoons per gallon2 teaspoons per gallon
then for 7-14 days1/3 teaspoon per gallon1/2 teaspoon per gallon
I have treated my birds 3 times in the last 4 months but I apparently had the dosage wrong. I was using 1 tsp per gallon. I am going to follow this advice and hopefully we will be done with it. Thanks😊

Back
Top Bottom