Looking for a Incubator

Mark E

Chirping
6 Years
5 Years
Apr 5, 2014
Little Rock, Ar
I thought all the online research I’ve done would help me determine the best incubator for my needs. Well, turns out I am more lost than before I started. Im looking for an egg incubator for 12-20 eggs. Looking for one that basically takes all the guess work out. One that turns and keeps the temp and humidity levels where they need to be.
I’m not on a mission for the least inexpensive one. Rather I’m looking for one that is quality and the manufacturer can back up their product.
All suggestions are welcomed. I can’t seem to trust product reviews anymore as it appears they are padded by discounts and money for false/fake reviews to get their product to sell.
Hope to hear some good reviews on what real humans here have to say.
thanks

If sticker shock is not a concern then Brinsea and R-Com both come with consistently great results and some units have the option to add on a unit for humidity control so you don't even need to worry about that. I do have a Brinsea Mini Advance, I haven't used it to hatch chicks yet but I did run it for a couple of days empty and it held very consistent temperature.

Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 is a mid price range incubator that works fantastic, I have 2 of them and have great hatch rates from both of them. You would have to add distilled water a couple of times a day though.
I also like my IncuView, it offers more flexibility for hatching larger species (anything from quail up to geese) while still using the autoturner. The IncuView is by far the easiest incubator to clean but it does seem to have more hot/cold spots than the other incubators mentioned. I still have had great hatches from the IncuView I just avoid the patches of inconsistent temps in the bator or occasionally rotate eggs and that seems to work well.

I've used other incubators as well but those would be my personal recommendations for consistently reliable incubators. Good luck on your search!

Hello! We can definitely back up our products and each incubator comes with a 3-year warranty after registration. The Maxi II Advance or EX sound like they'd be perfect for you. Let me know if you have any questions :)
Thank you, I made my purchase on your website less than a hour after your post. I got the USAC27C I’m looking forward to receiving it and start hatching. The added bonus of the OVASCOPE Was a nice touch. Thanks for your quick response and I hope to be a satisfied customer of yours with future purchases because of a quality made product with continued customer support.
That means a lot to me.

If sticker shock is not a concern then Brinsea and R-Com both come with consistently great results and some units have the option to add on a unit for humidity control so you don't even need to worry about that. I do have a Brinsea Mini Advance, I haven't used it to hatch chicks yet but I did run it for a couple of days empty and it held very consistent temperature.

Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 is a mid price range incubator that works fantastic, I have 2 of them and have great hatch rates from both of them. You would have to add distilled water a couple of times a day though.
I also like my IncuView, it offers more flexibility for hatching larger species (anything from quail up to geese) while still using the autoturner. The IncuView is by far the easiest incubator to clean but it does seem to have more hot/cold spots than the other incubators mentioned. I still have had great hatches from the IncuView I just avoid the patches of inconsistent temps in the bator or occasionally rotate eggs and that seems to work well.

I've used other incubators as well but those would be my personal recommendations for consistently reliable incubators. Good luck on your search!
I really appreciate your time in responding. Sticker Shock didn’t bother me at all. I ended up purchasing the Brinsea Model USAC27C
I have always purchased my chicks for the last 5 years. I started out a small backyard flock and now I have a not so small 100 hens flock at my farm I really have enjoyed it. We keep 20 still in our back yard because well we really enjoy them. I feel now it’s time to attempt to hatch my own. I have a fairly diversified flock but looking to breed some specific ones. Again I want to Thank you for responding. I normally don’t post much I just do a lot of reading and listening so getting such informed and detailed information means a lot. Thanks
Mark

I thought all the online research I’ve done would help me determine the best incubator for my needs. Well, turns out I am more lost than before I started. Im looking for an egg incubator for 12-20 eggs. Looking for one that basically takes all the guess work out. One that turns and keeps the temp and humidity levels where they need to be.
I’m not on a mission for the least inexpensive one. Rather I’m looking for one that is quality and the manufacturer can back up their product.
All suggestions are welcomed. I can’t seem to trust product reviews anymore as it appears they are padded by discounts and money for false/fake reviews to get their product to sell.
Hope to hear some good reviews on what real humans here have to say.
thanks

I would also add, don't limit yourself. An incubator to hatch the amount you're looking for will,most likely, not cost much less than 1 that will incubate more. Consider the upgrade so you're not limited for expansion, just in case.

I started out with a borrowed styrofoam incubator. My first hatch was about 60%. Luckily it was barnyard eggs. I enjoyed it so much I bought a styrofoam incubator and started hatching more eggs. Over a few years I bought more of the styrofoam incubators, then I bought a cabinet incubator. Now I could really hatch a lot of eggs. I had also gotten some nice pure breeds from some well known breeders and started hatching chicks from them. I only have a few pure lines and I have kept them separated and keep them pure. I do have some general population pens where the breeds are mixed but the birds are all pure and I do not hatch from those because I have breeding coops and pens for my breeders but my spare breeder males are kept in the general population coops and pens. I grow out all of the chicks and pick out my best. I do have some coops and pens I use as bachelor pads for the males when they start botheringthe females. They are all ok together as long as there are no females in the mix. I usually hatch out around 300 chicks every year. I sell most of the males and keep the best as future breeders. I do sell some females now and then. I show my birds at poultry shows. Good luck and have fun...

I’m on day 8/9 of my incubation. I’m excited so far this has been an awesome. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom