Tinydcer88

Hatching
Dec 10, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I am looking to try and get to baby female Silkies for Christmas. I have wanted one for so long and they are all I and my friend want for Christmas. Please let me know where I can get find these amazing birds.

Unfortunately it's the wrong time of year. Most silkies are probably not laying currently. Where are you located? Knowing that may help.

Unfortunately it's the wrong time of year. Most silkies are probably not laying currently. Where are you located? Knowing that may help.
Lol yes, a location would have probably been a good thing to include. I am in Colorado Springs. I may have found a breeder but can always use a back up just in case. That and the breeder says there is no way to tell the sex of the chicken until a few months old, is that true or just this breeder?

Yep hard to sex. I’ve had 6 and 7 month olds that I was unsure about. And females tend to be pricey because of the time and work that it takes to be able to confirm gender.

There is dna tests you can do now that are about $15 each.

Lol yes, a location would have probably been a good thing to include. I am in Colorado Springs. I may have found a breeder but can always use a back up just in case. That and the breeder says there is no way to tell the sex of the chicken until a few months old, is that true or just this breeder?
It's true of all silkies. They are notoriously hard to sex until at least 4 months old sometimes 5. Wish you were closer, here in Alabama my silkies are always laying and hatching chicks straight through the winter. I could set you up with some gorgeous specimens, frizzles and showgirls too.

Back
Top Bottom