Magical mystery hatch along

Pics
Oh I love Monarchs ❤️
Like these? These came to a butter fly garden that had Mexican Sunflowers. I want to plant a border around my property here in AL with milkweed as an perennial and Mexican sunflowers as an annual.
1710548203660.png

We planted milkweed last year, I didn't see any monarchs though. We planted a garden the last two years and the black tailed swallow butterflies (I think that was the ones) laid eggs on our carrot tops, I was so excited, I look forward to them. I get to watch the caterpillars grow and they really don't eat much of the carrot tops so it's win win and I love seeing the butterflies later and greeting them like I've known them since they were itty bitty worms 🥰

We planted milkweed last year, I didn't see any monarchs though. We planted a garden the last two years and the black tailed swallow butterflies (I think that was the ones) laid eggs on our carrot tops, I was so excited, I look forward to them. I get to watch the caterpillars grow and they really don't eat much of the carrot tops so it's win win and I love seeing the butterflies later and greeting them like I've known them since they were itty bitty worms 🥰
The field of milkweed I was in had no butterflies of any kind. It had just started blooming. I don't know how long it will take monarchs to find a new stand of milkweed. I think the move along certain paths of migration. I didn't get any at my TN home but a few miles away there were many.

Back
Top Bottom