Magical mystery hatch along

Pics
Thank you. I read every post. It was very illuminating.

:gig Sorry. I just couldn't resist.

So I went and compared what they said with that one in my Amazon cart that you posted, and noted they don't say. One comment: "I expected the candler too have more defined quality’s then it has. My portable headlamp has a lot better lumen power and lights up much better."

So I went to see the Brinsea that this model seems to replicate, and they don't say lumens either, however, this particular one is said to be good for Maran and other dark eggs.

The 41 eggs I set last night will not get candled for 10 days. I like the more definitive view of either they are developing normally or never started or have quit. It makes it easier for me to accept that some are just not going to hatch. If there is even a glimmer of hope I leave them until I candle for lockdown.
I can't wait 10 days as it's hard for me to wait 7 as it is. 🤣

I usually do it at 7, then maybe around 14 but otherwise not again until lockdown.

Okay school me please! I've only incubated 1 time in my life so I don't know much. What's the purpose of taking them out of incubator?!
My assumption is there was no more room in the incubator, so this is a homemade version for excess eggs. I could be wrong though, but in a pinch, I've seen others do similar to this and hatch eggs just fine. I think the only issue is the heat isn't uniform due to there being no little fan, and the bottom side aren't getting heat like the top side is. Sort of like a hen sitting on them. That's why she turns them often.

My assumption is there was no more room in the incubator, so this is a homemade version for excess eggs. I could be wrong though, but in a pinch, I've seen others do similar to this and hatch eggs just fine. I think the only issue is the heat isn't uniform due to there being no little fan, and the bottom side aren't getting heat like the top side is. Sort of like a hen sitting on them. That's why she turns them often.
Thank you! This all makes more sense to me now.

Baby Chick GIF
Rock on !

Back
Top Bottom