Male or Female?

Henrybetta

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 15, 2014
I think I already know what the answer is... ahh... I think they are about 5 weeks old now but I am not positive. I can run and get a better picture if needed. The comb is already starting to look pink.

Thank you! I really hope so. This is the sweetest chick I've ever had and I already have a roo. The camera doesn't want to focus on her comb for some reason, but it is much pinker then the others (except for the one I know must be a cockerel), but she is also a different breed.

All of them.

Her.

I hate to say this, but it could still be a cockerel. That pattern doesn't mean a thing on a bird under 8 weeks old.
This is my Easter Egger cockerel at 6 weeks old.

This is the same cockerel just 2 weeks later.

This is him at 16 weeks old.

I hate to say this, but it could still be a cockerel. That pattern doesn't mean a thing on a bird under 8 weeks old.
This is my Easter Egger cockerel at 6 weeks old.
With the comb on him at 6 weeks he was definitely a cockerel. A 6 week old pullet would barely have any comb at all.
Thank you! I really hope so. This is the sweetest chick I've ever had and I already have a roo. The camera doesn't want to focus on her comb for some reason, but it is much pinker then the others (except for the one I know must be a cockerel), but she is also a different breed.

All of them.

Her.
The new photo looks like a cockerel. Are the feathers covering up part of the comb?

With the comb on him at 6 weeks he was definitely a cockerel. A 6 week old pullet would barely have any comb at all.
The new photo looks like a cockerel. Are the feathers covering up part of the comb?
I knew that. My point was that you can't judge if it's a pullet or not based on pattern alone if the chick is under 8 weeks old. Things can change a lot in just a few weeks.

Finally got a clear shot. Bracing myself for disappointment, ha ha.

Deleted second picture. No idea why the coloring is so different with the same camera 5 seconds apart.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom