Looks like it only works with the chocolate rooster because it is sex linked and the blue hen. You can use a splash hen as well. In this case you will get blue boys and mauve girls.

If you use a chocolate hen and a blue rooster, you will just get black and blue offspring and they will not be sex linked. The boys, though, will be split to chocolate, but no way of knowing which ones unless you breed them back to chocolate. All this is of course assuming the birds used do not have any recessive genetics for other colors (like recessive white or carry partridge which many Silkies do.)😊
All the males will be split to Chocolate so you won't need to test breed them.

Looks like it only works with the chocolate rooster because it is sex linked and the blue hen. You can use a splash hen as well. In this case you will get blue boys and mauve girls.

If you use a chocolate hen and a blue rooster, you will just get black and blue offspring and they will not be sex linked. The boys, though, will be split to chocolate, but no way of knowing which ones unless you breed them back to chocolate. All this is of course assuming the birds used do not have any recessive genetics for other colors (like recessive white or carry partridge which many Silkies do.)😊
Hi I was wondering where my boy went wrong then 🤣. I have a silkie which was bought as a pullets...that turned out to be a cockrel. I believe he is Mauve...looks like the colour in the link.

Back
Top Bottom