MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I never was tempted by guineas, but now that the neighbors behind me have them, I really don't understand wanting them. I have to shoo them out of my yard several times a day. They are very loud, and… I really would like to know the attraction to them. Could either of you tell me?
It must really hurt to have duck eggs coming out of your ears. :hugs So sorry for your pain.
lol! I have a 2.5 gallon bucket full of them from 2 days!

Will definitely keep you in mind. I've got a group of Ancona currently on day 19.
some of my breeders. I've sorted through further since the pictures and only kept the best marked and biggest ducks.

Eggs will hatch black, blue, chocolate, lavender, and tri

Last edited:
setting 12+ BLRW/RSL crosses and 12 lav orps on May 1st
big_smile.png
maybe more, who knows
woot.gif
Welcome. Should definitely set more
big_smile.png

I'm in!
I have eggs set to hatch May 6-8. Langshan, Columbian Wyandottes, and barnyard mixes.
I think this will be it for me for a while unless a hen goes broody. Have to keep chicken & garden chores to a minimum with fishing season started and camping on the horizon. (This morning we were at 98 chickens and a turkey. Sold 3 Silkies! Bought 6 poults. 95 chickens and 7 turkeys tonight. About 45 chicken eggs and 1 goose egg in the bators- someone stop me!!!)
bow.gif
woot.gif
Welcome.

I'm setting Naked Necks and some Naked Necks and some naked Necks. Then some that probably won't turn out Naked Nevked.
woot.gif
Welcome.

some of my breeders. I've sorted through further since the pictures and only kept the best marked and biggest ducks.

droolin.gif
th.gif
Such pretty duckies.

I've heard from a couple different people that guinea meat is good. It's usually a darker meat like pheasant.

Maybe it is an acquired taste. Like one day you get so fed up with the noise, that you just can't help but enjoy eating their meat because they were so annoying.
lol.png

I had not believed how loud they could be. People say the same about ducks and turkeys. Even roosters. I haven't had any problems with any of them.
Maybe the guineas act differently when they aren't in my yard?

Maybe it is an acquired taste. Like one day you get so fed up with the noise, that you just can't help but enjoy eating their meat because they were so annoying.
lol.png

I had not believed how loud they could be. People say the same about ducks and turkeys. Even roosters. I haven't had any problems with any of them.
I haven't heard that about ducks or turkeys or roosters. Maybe certain birds are louder than others or more annoying but I think as a group the other fowl makes less noise. Guineas on the other hand.........all they do is make noise.

Yay! I love hatch a longs!
Welcome!

Quote: @MotorcycleChick
Well after much research and consideration I determined, just kidding
lau.gif
. Sally and I were discussing hatching something we haven't hatched before, then someone buying chicks from her, who primarily raises guineas, gave her some guinea hatching eggs. She shipped them to me. Meanwhile someone stopped at my house wanting to buy some roosters, he brought up guineas, I said I have come incubating now, he said he'd buy any of the keets that hatched. He also is going to get some eggs to hatch for him after this batch hatches. So the story has a happy ending.
big_smile.png

I'm in!
I have eggs set to hatch May 6-8. Langshan, Columbian Wyandottes, and barnyard mixes.
I think this will be it for me for a while unless a hen goes broody. Have to keep chicken & garden chores to a minimum with fishing season started and camping on the horizon. (This morning we were at 98 chickens and a turkey. Sold 3 Silkies! Bought 6 poults. 95 chickens and 7 turkeys tonight. About 45 chicken eggs and 1 goose egg in the bators- someone stop me!!!)
bow.gif
Welcome!

I'm setting Naked Necks and some Naked Necks and some naked Necks. Then some that probably won't turn out Naked Nevked.
woot.gif

So pretty!

Maybe it is an acquired taste. Like one day you get so fed up with the noise, that you just can't help but enjoy eating their meat because they were so annoying. :lol:
guuneas are just obnoxious, and don't roost where they are supposed to, and they're ugly. Chickens eat just as many ticks in my opinion. I can't fathom why someone would have them

Back
Top Bottom