MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Wow I love them! They're gorgeous!
smile.png
Thank you!

I have too many hens wanting to go broody.
Me too. It seems like I am broody busting every day. I just don't have the space to give them all eggs. They would be fighting all the time and the eggs would never make it.

May 2nd update: of the 3 living eggs I had leftover from my April hatch all 3 hatched yesterday..

now on to disinfecting the incubator and getting ready for my Cinco De Mayo 5 heritage turkey eggs from a friend

(and picking up my farm store order on th/fri of 2 ducks/2 turkeys (christmas and thanksgiving are their names LOL) and 5 female chicks.

Then I am on hold for new chicks until May 14th when my turkey and runner ducks from the 24 hour crazy auction are due to hatch (and it is the day I FINALLY graduate from college at almost 52 years old LOL)... I am hoping they don't all hatch while I am gone that day as I want to see some ducks hatch.

Then to be continued as the month goes on...
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif

@mlm Mike (we were talking about this in the AHAL) We decided on our goats! We will be picking up our 3 Nigerian Dwarf doelings in a couple of weeks! I don't have great pictures and they don't have names yet but I am SUPER excited. I know there are a lot of chicken/goat people so I thought I would share.

#1 is Light Chamoisee with White Topknot and subtle Moonspots

#2 is Chamoisse Black and Red

#3 is Dark Buckskin with White Topknot

#3 and #1 walking together in the center of photo.

#1 and #2 eating

Congratulations! Very exciting. They are darling, you will love them.
love.gif

Captains Log - Day 29, Part 2
2 eggs have pipped. In the air cells; in the correct position. That is at least a start. We had about 5 power outages, among many other challenges) this hatch so maybe they are just delayed?

Posted earlier today: Captains Log - Day 29, Part 1
I have 3 duck eggs that are still rocking. No pips. No peeps. No progress. I will keep them in the incubator for a few more days or if I smell something funky. At this point, however, I am not that optimistic that there will ducklings at our house this week.
I am crushed, disappointed and feel a little bit like a failure. I think the humidity was just too low. I may try again and join the May HAL (my husband told me to give it another shot).
I'm glad you got a couple of pips!

I had to help the last chick of this hatch. It hatched around 2:00 this afternoon. There was 1 pip that died., and 4 that didn't pip. 4 healthy chicks and this last one that still isn't fluffy. We are on day 23. Bumbed that my Brinsea temps are so far off compared to the other one I have.
If the temp is off I would contact them.

Oh stop y'all is gonna make want to get some itty bitty goat kids!
lau.gif
Get some!

Quote:
My little Brinsea is my favorite incubator. It's always been spot on.

May 2nd update: of the 3 living eggs I had leftover from my April hatch all 3 hatched yesterday..

now on to disinfecting the incubator and getting ready for my Cinco De Mayo 5 heritage turkey eggs from a friend

(and picking up my farm store order on th/fri of 2 ducks/2 turkeys (christmas and thanksgiving are their names LOL) and 5 female chicks.

Then I am on hold for new chicks until May 14th when my turkey and runner ducks from the 24 hour crazy auction are due to hatch (and it is the day I FINALLY graduate from college at almost 52 years old LOL)... I am hoping they don't all hatch while I am gone that day as I want to see some ducks hatch.

Then to be continued as the month goes on...
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif

Glad the last three hatched. Good luck with your May hatches!

Day 14 candle last night. Air cells on my remaining marsh Daisy eggs air aweful. Those'll go into a hatcher upright in a carton. Can I use the cardboard egg cartons in a really humid environment? Still think 1/4 of those is a quitter but no clear sign so it stays until lockdown. Peeked at the new ones, but it hasn't been long enough to see anything yet. Will have to wait until day 7 for them. Think yesterday was only day 3. All my remaining Isbar eggs look good though.

Back
Top Bottom