MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Next question! It is supposed to get down to 37 degrees tomorrow night. Will she be fine keeping them warm if she does accept them?
Absolutely! That's what she'll do best! As long as she can cover them all they'll be just fine. Broodies even take chicks out when it's much colder than that - it's been reported that some chicks were in the snow, just running back under Mom to warm up!

Oh stop y'all is gonna make want to get some itty bitty goat kids!
lau.gif
Me too . Luckily my neighbors have goats right next to my horse pasture. I get to see all those babies play, feed them my weeds. Keeps me from being bad and getting more goats...Always had goats when my kids were small. In fact I raised my daughter on goals milk. And a couple of orphan foals. Just a note if you have a orphan foal the colostrum from a goat works just fine on a foal.

Quote:
me too broodies everywhere. I thought I had one Wheaten Marans broke she was in a pen for 5 days and even laid a egg. She went back to set on eggs. Wanted to bite me when I pick up the eggs. Who know maybe she was going to lay again. But the eggs were extra warm like they had been sat on for a while. 5 eggs SO I dated them and put them in the bator... Hee hee LOL any excuse. and the funny part I have no one to answer too . Excuse Me!!!!!!

How do the air cells look, are they the right size? Yes, you can delay raising humidty until day 19. If you see an early pip raise it though.

Great!
woot.gif

The air cells don't look too bad. I did think the chicks in the eggs looked big but I didn't candle until yesterday, day 16, afraid of what I would find so I guess they would be big.

My croads langshans have arrived. I shall wait to set them until tomorrow night. Let them settle a bit which means after the lost MPC ones arrive I'm gonna have a staggered hatch! Depending on how soon my new eggs will arrive.and the lost ones are still in limbo but I'll set those too when and if they come just for grins!
1f605.png
1f602.png
Question are they as pink as they look in the ads???? I know my CLBs eggs have lighten up so much. But they have laid a bunch of eggs.... The marans egg I bought on line were never as dark as the pictures.
If the croads langshans were that pink purple I'd be temped.....

Sunday night, I candled again. Still two duck eggs (I saw movement!
love.gif
) and I removed the third that was clear. Must have been the last day of infertility. The ones I have opened since all have bullseyes.
The six developing, one blood ring, and five clear looking SPR are now; Nine developing and three clears that are still in "just in case". No blood ring. It was just a vein apparently.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom