MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Not hatched by me but our farm store chick order came in today 2 Turkeys (Thansgiving and Christmas)
cool.png
5 chicks (2 leghorns one white one brown, 1 Brahma, 1 NH Red, 1 Plymouth Rock) and our first ever 2 ducks (1 Mallard 1 Rouen)

awwwwwwww

Welp, I ended up candling the quail eggs last night because I needed room for some more quail eggs my mother bought. 23 out of 75 were ether infertile (totally clear) or really early quitters (tiny amounts of development, but no real anything). One of those 24 was rotten, I'm talking grey, goooey, crushed the second I tried to remove from the turner and woohoo did it stink. The four eggs around it were three normal developers and one clear. I also candled the welsummer eggs again since it's past 10 days. Out of 12, 8 were clears :/ 4 were developing strong, though, so fingers crossed! My meat chicken eggs, out of the 10 (of 15) who arrived unbroken, only four have developed anything...which is not entirely unexpected considering the actual packaging was crushed at one corner and one egg was shattered and had dribbled over all the good eggs in the two days they took to get to me. Stupid postage. I've emailed the seller about getting new ones since the box was priority and, therefore ensured and she forgot to write the words "fragile" and "Hatching Eggs" on the outsided of the box...

I now have all quail eggs in one bator, 6 new duck eggs, 15 more quail eggs, and 15 button quail eggs (my mom is obsessed with them and now that my father knows I'm hatching, she brought me some to hatch for her...plus can you imagine pickled button quail eggs? So cute). I have Cayuga eggs, pekin eggs, 12 duck eggs, and 12 muscovy eggs coming and my mom and I are heading to pick up 4 dozen coturnix/texas AM quail eggs this saturday. I guess I better finish my mini fridge bator and pulg it in this week xD
Gross on the one quail egg. Sorry about the meat chicken eggs. Good luck with you hatches.

Everyone was alive and healthy as soon as I put them in the brooder they headed straight for the food and water. All are healthy and energetic! My little bantam Cochin is freakin adorable and is super big compared to my seramas!
1f602.png
anyways I am super pleased with Ideal Hatchery!

Good News!

Not hatched by me but our farm store chick order came in today 2 Turkeys (Thansgiving and Christmas)
cool.png
5 chicks (2 leghorns one white one brown, 1 Brahma, 1 NH Red, 1 Plymouth Rock) and our first ever 2 ducks (1 Mallard 1 Rouen)

Cute!

Signing Up!

Have 3 different sets of the same eggs... Kinda rolling the springing hatch into this one (sets 1 and 2 are already finished)...
Set 3 locks down tomorrow (6 eggs),
Set 4 is not my thing (5eggs) (under a broody)
and Set 5 was set on 5/4/2016 (6 eggs). (and like NaJoBeLe said May the Fourth be with them
lau.gif
)

Happy Hatching!
jumpy.gif

Signing Up!

Have 3 different sets of the same eggs... Kinda rolling the springing hatch into this one (sets 1 and 2 are already finished)...
Set 3 locks down tomorrow (6 eggs),
Set 4 is not my thing (5eggs) (under a broody)
and Set 5 was set on 5/4/2016 (6 eggs). (and like NaJoBeLe said May the Fourth be with them
lau.gif
)

Happy Hatching!
jumpy.gif
woot.gif
Welcome over
tongue.png

@Farmer Viola , Congrats on the hatch!! Chick pics please!
jumpy.gif

@wabbit1964 , Adorable! I can't wait till I get some ducklings. What kind of turkeys did you get?

@shahtir101 , Glad to hear everyone arrived safely! Those little cochins are adorable!
love.gif

1 bronze broad breasted and 1 white bronze breasted turkey

Back
Top Bottom