MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

LL
Ha..a Chicken named Cynthia! I will have to name one Wicked now. Shouldn't be too hard as those little stinkers do come along every now and again. :p I should get a photo of my girl. I call her smudge because she looks like she has .. smudge on her..chocolate? She's getting quite pretty. Kind of a brown lacing. She has black spots here and there. Your girl is getting really pretty too..almost like a splash!
Lol. Those are some pretty chickens Cynthia

Mine do. There is always a group though. Mine probably are going out too early, but I am out of room. I've even got 3 week olds outside without heat.

Me too when the weather starts staying up in the mid 40's. I have a tarp that I can put down over the nursery/hutch. Now it's been 80 the last few days. They went to the grow out pen. I do put them into the coop there. They don't know how to get up that ramp yet. Takes me a few times going out for every new bunch I put in..then they finally get it.

I'm there waiting with you @Cynthia12.

My little silkie that was keeping me company all day finally hatched! Only one left. It is the one that I accidentally started to eggtopsy too soon. I broke the outer shell very carefully and then felt movement, so I quickly moistened the membrane, put another egg shell on top of the spot, and then put it back in. This was yesterday morning. This morning I made an air hole just to make sure it could breath, and I also helped it to internally pip. It seems to be doing fine. I am watching the veining very slowly becoming less and less, and it is breathing fine/hanging out. I hear occasional peeping from it too .I'm thinking it will probably be ready to hatch tomorrow. Unfortunately I need to lock down my other eggs in this bator tonight, but they should be fine if I wait until tomorrow. At least I hope so. Any thoughts on that? Just this one more chick to hatch. I wish I had my little Brinsea (from school) right now. Then I could put the last egg in there, and I could get this bator cleaned up and on lockdown with my next hatch. I have some other eggs that need to be set in their spots too. So it is all one big cycle.

Doing my homework and checking on my chickie.
frow.gif

If there isn't anything by tonight, I may go ahead and take a peek. Good luck with yours!

Two baby Silkie now.both parents are solid black.but one baby has white feathered feet

Yippee! More silkies in the world is always a good thing!
yippiechickie.gif

Well 10 of 10 yellow goldens made it to lockdown and all 10 hatched. 2 With my assistance but they are all doing very well the first 9 have already moved to the brooder last one is drying and will move him as soon as he looks ready.
Very cool! Congrats!
clap.gif

Well 10 of 10 yellow goldens made it to lockdown and all 10 hatched. 2 With my assistance but they are all doing very well the first 9 have already moved to the brooder last one is drying and will move him as soon as he looks ready.

Very cool! Congrats! :clap
[/quote]
Thank you!!!!

[COLOR=4B0082]And I'd totally give them to you. I want them to have a good home.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]I live in Canada, unfortunately of course, for this transaction to occur. :/ [/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]I'm hoping the neighbors up the road will give them a nice home once they build a coop.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]They're fantastic broodies so far, so they're redeeming themselves that way.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]Somehow I accidently put one of their eggs in and I have a baby Silkie cross chick. :barnie [/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]I pulled my rooster 2 days ago and I hope to A.I. from here on....so I don't plan on these Silkie hens being fertile again.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]So I can make it work if they stay. :thumbsup [/COLOR]
this makes me want to cry! Lol I have been trying for Silkies and silkie mutts since I started with chickens! :oops: can we ship them? lol

Oh crap...someone mentioned about multi quotes?
I saw that and forgot to answer.

To multi quote, just keep clicking on multi for the posts you wish to quote.
When you wish to reply to the quotes you've chosen, click on the reply button.
The quotes will be waiting for you in this reply box.
Insert your comments in the places you wish to reply.

(I hope I explained that clearly enough) :old
that's how it works for me!

yayyyyyy congratulations!!!!!!!!

Up to 5 so far, all from the mixed eggs. The polish (mix I think?) Hatched. Has a beautiful vaulted skull and a pretty solid white head. Three are identical and one looks chocolaty with a slight hint of blue. 4 of the mixed eggs show no pips, and 2 are pipped and resting.
So far, of the 10 breeder eggs only one has pipped. The rest show nothing.
I've had to open the incubator a couple times as the humidity goes crazy after every hatch. The chick's are already at risk of drowning since the eggs didn't lose enough moisture, 75-80% humidity won't help matters.

Back
Top Bottom