MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

My family drives to PA twice a year, so I'm always sending birds with them.....
Hate to ship live birds. I never lost any but I don't trust the PO.
I also don't trust them, my pro is great it's all the others in between

I ordered from ideal once, I think they're in tx, all arrived perfect but who knows

What part of this terrible state do they come to?
Pitt area, but sometimes will detour or go farther if needed.

I also don't trust them, my pro is great it's all the others in between

I ordered from ideal once, I think they're in tx, all arrived perfect but who knows
When I have shipped birds, I ship express so it's guaranteed next day...but twice they took longer than that. Postage was refunded easily enough, but it was an extra couple of days for birds in a box. So being guaranteed next day doesn't mean it'll happen. You're not supposed to put food in with them, but I put in lots of apples and grow gel. Everything was eaten and the birds were fine. I was a nervous wreck...

My son Kenny is the deli manager at the local deli.  Man, can that kid cook - always has been able to cook and he loves it.  So one day he found out that one of the checkers hasn't eaten fried chicken since she was 6 years old, and she's in her late 50s now.  Lots of things she hasn't eaten in years because of her Celiac.  So he started just asking people at random how they'd feel about some gluten free items in the deli.  He was stunned at the response.

So he started doing some research.  He has come up with a coating for his fried chicken that is gluten free.  He even researched spices (he didn't know if any of them had gluten but if they did, he wasn't using them).  He got the boss man to install another fryer.  That fryer will never have any gluten containing products cooked in it.  He did some sample chickens, each with slightly different seasonings in the coating, trying to get it just right, and he said the work was worth it when Susan bit into her first piece of chicken in that many years.  Other checkers came over to try samples and are so enthused and excited.

So launch is next Monday.  He knows that he'll have to maintain a tight eye on things to make sure there is never any cross-contamination and that the taste is always there, but he can do it. I'm really proud of him!

Edited to add:  Sorry for the hijack...just thought this was really neat.

This makes me want to take a trip to Wyoming. Good fried food can be hard to find, and my DH almost always has tummy troubles after anything fried. He's got IBS..... Don't tell him I said so...

Pitt area, but sometimes will detour or go farther if needed.

When I have shipped birds, I ship express so it's guaranteed next day...but twice they took longer than that. Postage was refunded easily enough, but it was an extra couple of days for birds in a box. So being guaranteed next day doesn't mean it'll happen. You're not supposed to put food in with them, but I put in lots of apples and grow gel. Everything was eaten and the birds were fine. I was a nervous wreck...
I would be as well! Well let me know if u ever want to try it or when your family comes in this direction

I'm about 45 min North of Pittsburgh.
Do you have anything I need? Family's getting ready to head back to CA next week....

I would be as well! Well let me know if u ever want to try it or when your family comes in this direction

They are in PA right now! Getting ready to head back here in a few days....picking up some birds in New Mexico.....
They go twice a year. Spring and fall.

Back
Top Bottom