MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

So busy with fixing up my house to sell that I would've forgotten about lock-down without a reminder on my Google calendar. Got 8 eggs on lock-down now, hoping for 6 ameraucana and 2 blrw. Good thing I have awesome family; my aunt will care for my chickens until I get another job and a house. My sister will watch my ducklings for me (cuties are just starting to quack).
Good luck with your hatch! I'm glad your family will be able to take care of your flocks.

My one little lonely chick is so cute.

She gets along with the other two..follows them all over.
She is a cutie!

My day 14 candle i have 3 croads left living!

Wonky saddle air cells but lively chicks in all except the one marked with an X.

Good luck with the remaining 3.
Quote:
lau.gif

The ameracauna chick didn't make it. There was far too much moisture left in the egg and he drowned. The buff orp also died before pipping externally. So final count is 17 chicks.

Sorry the 2 didn't make it. Congratulations on the 17.
Super frustrated with my Dorking eggs and its only day18. Candled last night to make final "toss or keep" call. Out of 2 eggs, 6 clears and 5 blood ring/quitters. That is 11 of 24 eggs non-viable for hatch! Ugh. Just hoping most of the 13 left hatch. I guess I am more frustrate since this hatch is not for me and I want it to go well. I wonder why I had so many early quitters, it's almost 1/3 of them.. I have a 1588 and I kept the humidity a little lower is time since last hatch I had 13/62 fully formed but drowned in egg so I was worried that I had my humidity too high during the first part.
Good Luck with that hatch!

Loving this Icelandic chick!!!
love.gif

Ugh so ordered barnevelder eggs from eBay, even with the pdf of how I wanted them shipped, the person wrapped them in a piece of newspaper each, single sheet of bubble wrap on the bottom, single on top... 3 eggs completely smashed, another 4 cracked, 2 already weeping. All the rest (they sent 2 doz) had no attached air cells, and are pretty bubbly in the inside, so pretty sure they are scrambled. Also was not held at p.o. like I asked. I don't like the egg color either, they are supposed to be a dark brown, all I got were light brown eggs. Going to pick up some quality barnevelder eggs on memorial day weekend.
Sorry that eBay order didn't work out.

Day 14 for my broody. All 11 of her eggs are looking great. Right on track for hatching within a week (or sooner).
fl.gif

HarmonyAnns Serama, her White ones

and a roo that needed spurs clipped, I may mention he dont like me anymore lol

Wowzer! Pretty birds! And that girl is a dolly...hey, do you have eggs for sale on e-bay? There is .. or was..a girl on there holding a silkie that looks like this little one here. ??

Back
Top Bottom