MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Moldy food eh? my sand bag got white mold all over it, was actually weird looking too. mold is really bad lol

Eggs due Thursday and I see a pip already... I have 6 silkies from a friend of a friend, 18 eggs from a friend, some eggs from proverbs31mama and some eggs from after our mean roo went to the stew pot to test fertility... the eggs from the new roo look like the girls aren't letting him have their way much.... Anyway I figured it would be a silky egg pipping but nope its one of my big brown eggs. Now I am going to be up all night staring at the incubator LOL.
awesome!!! good luck!!

Quote:
head shots contest?>????

13266033_10209520717521673_56376597101079590_n.jpg

First pip! On the bottom of the green egg in the foreground. We could also hear them cheeping.

Carrie

Candled my oldest turkey egg, and it's wiggly in there! It's day ten for the first turkey egg. The other eggs aren't ready to candle yet, I set the chicken eggs on Saturday and one turkey egg on last Wednesday and 3 more on this last Saturday. I think I finally made a nest that the turkeys both like and use, and my boxer can't steal eggs from! Yay! Less gas! More turkeys! Win win!

Last edited:

My 'biggest helpers' pause for a moment. Both have poop i have to clean, get into trouble often, follow me around everywhere...
Molly the dog does a good job keeping smaller predators away. Lucille is my little princess.

The package also came yesterday, forgot to tell you. Thank you again!

Glad to hear u finally got it! Sorry it took so long!!

Eggs due Thursday and I see a pip already...   I have 6 silkies from a friend of a friend, 18 eggs from a friend, some eggs from proverbs31mama and some eggs from after our mean roo went to the stew pot to test fertility... the eggs from the new roo look like the girls aren't letting him have their way much.... Anyway I figured it would be  a silky egg pipping but nope its one of my big brown eggs. Now I am going to be up all night staring at the incubator LOL.

Come on chickies!!

yeah lol  I also forgot to check on them and killed four serama that had been inside Legbar shells and zipped but couldnt get out....  I had a procedure and was half out of it, and I can blame it on meds right?  so I noted to self, stop hatching without a separator in ther for bigs and tiny eggs

:hugs it's ok

13266033_10209520717521673_56376597101079590_n.jpg

First pip!  On the bottom of the green egg in the foreground.  We could also hear them cheeping.

Carrie

Woohoo

Candled my oldest turkey egg, and it's wiggly in there! It's day ten for the first turkey egg. The other eggs aren't ready to candle yet, I set the chicken eggs on Saturday and one turkey egg on last Wednesday and 3 more on this last Saturday. I think I finally made a nest that the turkeys both like and use, and my boxer can't steal eggs from! Yay! Less gas! More turkeys! Win win!
yay and eww and yay!!!

Back
Top Bottom