MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I picked up my hatching eggs at post office this morning! Can't wait to get them in incubator.

Problem is.... I ordered 6.... They sent me 12! My incubator only holds 7. What to do!?!?

I can fit 9 in without the auto turner, so could hand turn the first few days in hopes only 7 turn out fertile?!? Thoughts? (I have the brinsea mini advance.)
have breakfast with the extras

3 chicks out! The black chick was out yesterday (day 21) and the blue and reddish yellow hatched earlier today (still within day 21). Now it's officially day 22 and I have two external pips :)
And two other eggs doing nothing but they were alive day 19 so I'm crossing my fingers for them.

Sally, I did a test and can fit 9 in comfortably without the auto turner. I guess I will wait in the morning and see which ones look the best and then candle in a few days to see which ones might not be fertile.

Do shipped eggs have to go in upright? Not sure how to accomplish that in the brinsea mini advance.

I picked up my hatching eggs at post office this morning! Can't wait to get them in incubator.

Problem is.... I ordered 6.... They sent me 12! My incubator only holds 7. What to do!?!?

I can fit 9 in without the auto turner, so could hand turn the first few days in hopes only 7 turn out fertile?!? Thoughts? (I have the brinsea mini advance.)

Can you make a listing on Craigslist and ask to see if anyone would be willing to incubate the eggs for you? You could pay them per egg or let them keep half of what they hatch or something. Better than letting those eggs go to waste especially if they are rare or hard to find breeds.

Back
Top Bottom