MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

My 2nd chick for this week hatched. Right on the day it was due. It was another EE eggs I was hoping fathered by the silky roo.. The good news is the one that I posted the other day from my EE hen looked like this and by feather sexing it is predicted to be a pullett.. we shall see.

I just caught up after a busy weekend of coop building, congratulations to all the new chicks! I have to resist the urge to find more eggs to buy, I'm already over the limit of chickens I am allowed to have in my city and if I hatch I want to keep.

My sixth graders came in this morning and said "The chicks are gone?!?" I affirmed that the chicks were indeed gone, and they told a couple of the students that were absent the last half of last week that they had "missed the coolest thing ever!" and begged me to bring in pictures of the four I took home.

Carrie

okay i posted about some Monday hatchings...one of them just wont open eyes and get up...i dunno what is wrong...it is alive breathing kicks a little..tried dipping beak for electrolytes but acted as if i choked it...these are banty's...should i just cull?? or wait another 24 hours?

the other two chicks turned out fine...
but i will say shipped eggs are the worst for viability

so i ended up w a mille fluer and a polish banty and the other one i am having trouble with is a mille fleur

Last edited:
Look what arrived today!!!!! Well short 2 blue orpingtons but the rest are fluffy butts. Heat pack in bottom. Btw it is 90 here today lol. They are eating and drinking now. I couldnt wait for them to get to levelland tomorrow so i drove 40 miles to Lubbock and picked them up one stop short of tbeir destination. Lol im so impatient.... but really i have a procedure tomorrow and will be in the hospital and couldn't pick them up until late tomorrow.

5 toes check these are salmon faveroles

Barred plymouth rock

White marans or blue splash marans

And this one is which ever the one above is not!

Brown leghorn

Australorp
And last but not least
A blue andalusian

They are so cute. Glad they made it home safe and sound. Hope whatever it is you are having done tomorrow works out for the best!
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Well, I just locked down my last batch due in May, 11 Isabelle leghorns and three ayam cemanis. Of course I already have a million eggs due in June, lol. Next batch after this one hatches June 4th.

Back
Top Bottom