MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I think I would of stood a chance if I had of remembered to NUMBER my entered pictures.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

THANK YOU SALLY AND MIKE!! These HAL's have me buried in chicks, but it's been fuuun! Thank you for all your help as well!

If you have too many, I might know a good home.
1f609.png

But yes, thank you Sally and Mike! It has been fun. Maybe next time around, after I've been around for a while longer (and learned a bit more), I'll have a better shot at the contests!

Last edited:

Our little blue potential rooster, Minnie, was renamed Max. He appears to have barring on his wings, which means he's probably a Barred Rock/Ameracauna cross. He looks to have a pea comb and fluffy cheeks. Hoping he has a calm disposition if he is a cockerel. Would be an interesting mix to try to get some colorful eggs. He hatched from a brown egg, so maybe Barred Rock hen, Ameracauna rooster? Eggs were from my father in law's mixed flock of Ameracauna, Barred Rock, and Australorp.

This is our little blonde Russian Orloff, Bela :)

16078.gif
To Sally and Mike, and those that donated prizes, and to those that entered those fun and cute contests. :jumpy
Yes thank you thank you all!!
legbar yes. MPC switched to this May hal instead. Do u have dehumidifier running?
We have the central air running but not a specific dehumidifier and both incubators are in the same room.
I have two full brooders of chicks that guy still didn't make it! 12 or so Ccl pullets Brahma Or Serama start drivin
Don't tempt me lol I would love love love to get some of your birds.
My aunt just lost most of her flock. She found pieces of chickens in her henhouse. She only has two old hens and two roosters left. Any clue what leaves pieces? Thought I'd offer to incubate any eggs she can get from the older hens. What's the longest we can save them? 10 days?
Oh goodness in so sorry to hear that. Where are you located? I hope she gets some more birds. Unfortunately I have no idea what predator it could be.

Yes thank you thank you all!!
We have the central air running but not a specific dehumidifier and both incubators are in the same room.
Don't tempt me lol I would love love love to get some of your birds.
Oh goodness in so sorry to hear that. Where are you located? I hope she gets some more birds. Unfortunately I have no idea what predator it could be.
my aunt is in Downey, ID. I'm at my sister's place an hour away

Today was awesome! My silkied hen got reserve champion female and champion female silkied! Finn got 4th place in the males prospect class. Truffles made it into the second tier and Kingsley got 3rd place silkied male! I'm very proud!

Back
Top Bottom