MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Figured I'd let the girls out a little bit earlier today to enjoy the last sunshine and what do they do? Run straight for the shade
1f602.png
it's okay, cloud is covering the sun atm anyway. May is in laying an egg.

My OE broody, Crystal.has four chicks! One hatched last night and the other three hatched this morning. There are still 8 eggs to go. One of them (a silver chipmunk) is her's by Long John Silver. Two of them are Tizzy's by Yellowlegs, One is brownish with chipmunk stripes. The other is bluish with a small white spot on it's head. The forth one is a Silver Penciled Bantam Wyandotte. She has been totally faithful to the eggs the whole time . I never once saw her off the nest. I brought her some water in a pan and she drank and drank. I will get some pics today of the new chickies.

My OE broody, Crystal.has four chicks! One hatched last night and the other three hatched this morning. There are still 8 eggs to go. One of them (a silver chipmunk) is her's by Long John Silver. Two of them are Tizzy's by Yellowlegs, One is brownish with chipmunk stripes. The other is bluish with a small white spot on it's head. The forth one is a Silver Penciled Bantam Wyandotte. She has been totally faithful to the eggs the whole time . I never once saw her off the nest. I brought her some water in a pan and she drank and drank. I will get some pics today of the new chickies.
Congratulations!! Thats awesome

We took our almost two week old chicks outside today for the first time and stayed out for two hours! They absolutely loved it. Hated to have to bring them in since they were having such a wonderful time!

Back
Top Bottom