Michigan Chickenstock/Fowl Fest Oct 10 & 11

I was there with my son from 7:20 - 1 . I looked you Jamie and I should have found Ooopsy and Crazy cuz I think I was one of the only ppl in the building when I got there. I am bummed I didnt' run into you guys at the sales pens.. where I went first.

Boy oh Boy, Sounds like all you BYC members had a great time. If I still lived in Mi, I would have been there and joined up with you all. Sigh.
frow.gif

Opa, nice new Avatar.
woot.gif

Last edited:
kassy68 We might have been gone up town by the time you got there. As I was out of cigs and we both were hungry. We were gonna stop at Tony's but when we pulled into the drive it was packed. So we went to the show hall first, then up town to a little pizza pub that had the WORSE and I mean worse, biscuits n gravy. Daughter and I both looked at each other and laughed and said "smells like dog food" lol Do I hear Kennel Ration canned?

brooster What type of birds did you have in Showmanship? As I looked at each one of them. There was some very lovely birds there I must say.

Yes that is his name, Rick Straight. I found one of his Andalusians in the Open class and a very nice man that was showing, looked up his name on the show bill. I would have loved to get a couple from him. Does anyone know how to get ahold of Rick's family??? I would much rather purchase some nice birds from a youth.

Looks like winter is here to stay. My pasture this morning is solid white with heavy frost. The camper water is just trickle'n out as its froze some. Chickens outside water is froze too. Their inside water was fine. I opened the back coop door and they only peeked out...and looked up like, okay wheres the treats? We're staying right here! lol

Quote:
i just knew it! i kept feeling like i should go over and introduce myself! it was weird! i said to Ellen, "i feel like i know that young man over there, but i cannot figure out why!" how odd!!!!! the BYC connection!
lol.png

i hope you do just great at the Ohio Ntl!
hugs.gif

Good Afternoon!

We are home from Frankenmuth!!!! It was very cold up there this morning. Lots colder than Saturday.

The girls did well with their birds. No one placed in showmanship. Rick Straight judged the young kids and put on Gretchen's judges sheet, that she was quiet and appeared to be shy?!?!? Total opposite of her. So must of just been nervous!

Rachel sold all 12 of her 2 month old chicks. She has some orders to fill for more chicks so that is good.

Rachel bought a black ameraucana bantam roo with 3 hens. Very pretty and she plans on incubating eggs too.

Emily recieved as a late birthday gift, 2 white call ducks. And boy were they noisey on the way home!!!!

Fowlfest was a blast! Nice to visit with all the BYCers. Came home empty handed. Now, if this was held in the spring, I probably would have bought some birds. Just didn't want to deal with the birds during winter.

Back
Top Bottom