Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I do, I do, I do!
ya.gif
At least since we installed the word burning stove. Although, oddly, often we only have it set to 68.
idunno.gif

Yeah right, like any of us heat our home to 70 here in Michigan.

Wool is cheaper than gas.
smile.png
We keep our house at 64 in the winter. I've always kept the house fairly cool but when we moved here and had fuel oil, I kept it much cooler because that stuff is EXPENSIVE. Then we switched to propane and I never changed the thermostat. But here's the way it is in my house: put on a sweater if you're cold. It's kind of silly to be a spinner and a knitter and not be able to wear wool clothes because the house is warm enough to wear t-shirts.

I just got Randy's ducks settled in with the rest of the crew here. They are a bit freaked out from the move but they will adjust. I can't wait to introduce them to the pond (it's pretty small but I think they'll enjoy it).
I'm sure that they will adjust pretty quickly. They were pretty tame for a while but then were kind of left on their own while I was in court last week. I'm sure that catching them and transporting them messed with their little minds. I think that a handful of peas will turn them into lap ducks in short order.

Hey swamp how you been? Been awhile since I've seen a post from you. I like the wood stove warmth also. But having it running all the time in the middle of April is getting real old. I did set my bator in the great room where it is at.
Tomorrow is day seven...excited to candle
ya.gif
I just hatched some the 15th of March. I think I'm going to be addicted to the hatching process now. Is there anything to help this addiction?

Kimmie, click on my link in my signature, scroll down to the "hatching notes" section; there are details for calibrating a thermometer and a hydrogometer, which if you don't have you will need soon! I was going to copy it here but i thought you might be interested in my other hatching links/ info too.

My first "manual hatch" i read everything i could get my hands on! I swear it gave me grey hair though so i think i'll leave it to the hens from now on, LOL.
I know what you mean, I am always checking it, it's wearing me out. I will checking all the things you have ot check out I need all the help I can get.

Three crossword puzzles worked, two words games finished, three cups of coffee drunk, and it's still dark. Got to quit waking up so early. Lots to do today and hopefully the sunshine will be able to overcome the cold while I work outside. The older I get the longer winter seems to last.

Started saving Welsummer eggs yesterday and I'll collect eggs for a week and then fire up the incubator. I think I may toss in a couple of Ameraucan x Welsummer eggs just to see what I wind up with.

Wool is cheaper than gas.
smile.png
We keep our house at 64 in the winter. I've always kept the house fairly cool but when we moved here and had fuel oil, I kept it much cooler because that stuff is EXPENSIVE. Then we switched to propane and I never changed the thermostat. But here's the way it is in my house: put on a sweater if you're cold. It's kind of silly to be a spinner and a knitter and not be able to wear wool clothes because the house is warm enough to wear t-shirts.
I've got the wool to keep warm! I can't stand it being over 65 at night though or else I am waking up hot all night. Must be the flannel sheets since the quilt is very thin.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom