Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I am pumped for my first hatched/raised here birds to be giving me eggs...I wanted BCM and Ameraucanas....can't afford it, but I got some nice color!

My Welsummer started out very light :( but darkened up after 3-4 eggs.....spray booth tuned up I guess - 12 eggs out of her so far.
My maybe olive egger that I hatched out of a fairly dark brown egg from a friend (we think maybe an amberlink covered by one of 2 EE roos) has been between a nice pretty nice olive but sometimes green - 28 eggs from her so far.
One of the hatchery EE's has given a pretty nice shade of blue - only 4 eggs from her so far, so we'll see how it progresses.

I have one more EE to start laying and a couple light brahmas...but I am really excited to have these girls and a Welsummer rooster to hatch eggs from next late winter/early spring..

Here's my Pullet Palette:

Thanks Laura. I took that picture last fall and have since cut down the Cherry on the left and three tall Pines on the right. I uploaded the picture as a test.

Well I will try this one... "Buddy"

Taprock, congrats to Von with the turkeys! Hope he does well at the auction.

Cochins are a good choice for beginning showers, especially children - they are docile and easy to handle, and in some colors such as white and black are easier to find better quality birds.

I am pumped for my first hatched/raised here birds to be giving me eggs...I wanted BCM and Ameraucanas....can't afford it, but I got some nice color!

My Welsummer started out very light :( but darkened up after 3-4 eggs.....spray booth tuned up I guess - 12 eggs out of her so far.
My maybe olive egger that I hatched out of a fairly dark brown egg from a friend (we think maybe an amberlink covered by one of 2 EE roos) has been between a nice pretty nice olive but sometimes green - 28 eggs from her so far.
One of the hatchery EE's has given a pretty nice shade of blue - only 4 eggs from her so far, so we'll see how it progresses.

I have one more EE to start laying and a couple light brahmas...but I am really excited to have these girls and a Welsummer rooster to hatch eggs from next late winter/early spring..

Here's my Pullet Palette:
very pretty, congrats !!

Back
Top Bottom