Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

since weve been on the subject of rehoming, we have a few that we'd re-home if someone has needs for flock protector or a "boyfriend" for their hens (not to eat). They were july & august hatches
pic #1 is an EE/Americauna. pic #2 & #3 are of IowaBlue. pic #4 is IaB /RSL.
might have an EE thats starting to look boyish now too :-(

Last edited:
This is the EE apparently.and this is the rhode island red.

The red has only just started attempting to crow but theyre both pretty quiet. We have a little farm just south of clio,mi and these two snuck home with us when we got our last batch of layers. any other questions about them just ask and ill try to answer as soon as i can.

I do believe he's and EE...I have an EE roo just like him. There are a lot of people selling EEs and calling them other breeds.

You'll want to check out this link for the differences between Amerucana, EE, and Araucanas....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/128806/differences-ee-ameraucana-araucana-pls-post-pics
yea according to that the hatchery i got them from were just mis informed hes definitely a EE. Trefoil on this site picked him up about 5 hours after my first post though so im glad he made it to a good home. if anyone would want to be a good home to my red let me know! thanks for all the help everyone!

Whoever supplies TSC with their chicks stinks at sexing them! I bought 12 Amberlinks that were supposed to be 90% female......7 were roo's!

yea according to that the hatchery i got them from were just mis informed hes definitely a EE. Trefoil on this site picked him up about 5 hours after my first post though so im glad he made it to a good home. if anyone would want to be a good home to my red let me know! thanks for all the help everyone!

Awesome!
I know I've been very fortunate that the 3 boys I've needed to re-home have been adopted by loving families within hours of posting here, too.
Just out of curiousity, are you trying to re-home Red cuz you can't have boys, don't want boys or already have a boy (s)??
If you free range, I strong suggest you keep one ....

Whoever supplies TSC with their chicks stinks at sexing them! I bought 12 Amberlinks that were supposed to be 90% female......7 were roo's!
You need to let them know. They are very nice. They feather sex (I am 10 minutes from them and went over one morning and they showed me) which is why they are limited in breeds - they say the only have the ones they can feather sex.

Yes, I agree, Townline is a very nice place. But I too had a bunch of pullets that turned out to be roos. This was last hear though. We ate the Roos (most of them) and kept a few to look after the girls. This year I hatched all of my own chickens from the flock I already had. I butchered 6 roosters yesterday.
The deer are staying deep in the woods this year, so I'm glad we will have a freezer full of chicken!

Back
Top Bottom