Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Anyone need some 16' cow panels? I have 5 after taking down my garden fencing. New they are $20 each and if you take all 5 you can have them for $20. I also have over 200 new 8' long 4" to 6" cedar posts for $7 each.

My "babies" have access to the run with the big girls now. They got pecked at a bit at first and now they mainly only venture out as a pack in the later evening. Is that pretty normal?
Yep, they'll stay a separate pack until they lay and then work their way into the main pecking order.

Anyone need some 16' cow panels? I have 5 after taking down my garden fencing. New they are $20 each and if you take all 5 you can have them for $20. I also have over 200 new 8' long 4" to 6" cedar posts for $7 each.
Wish I was closer...... would take those panels, and some of the posts, off your hands.

Well Boots has been setting for 4 days straight on her clutch of 5 eggs. I hope she hatches some of what she's setting on for her sake. Now Oscar my Icelandic hen has decided she wants to set on eggs too. I finally fessed up and told hubby last night when we were both outside and he heard me cussing when Oscar bit Me!(I took her eggs away to see if it's a fluke or if she'll be back on a new clutch today) He's not too happy. I promised him I would sell all of the chicks that hatch. I'm at capacity now I deff don't need to keep any. I'm secretly jumping with joy that I have hens wanting to set on eggs. I had to share with everyone on here because everyone else just looks at me like I'm nuts.

I hear ya! I'm pretty much at capacity now and have the incubator full again. And 13 that hatched several weeks ago, lol. The way I look at it, it's all fun and games until it's winter then I have to get my numbers down. I've already sold nine chicks and have people that said they'll buy some pullets. But I'm having too much fun watching them grow!

These are some mutts of mine
1f604.png
. The white one is a Bresse/buff O , two dark ones are Bresse/speckled Sussex crosses, and the other dark one is a SL Wyandotte/speckled Sussex. They don't look anything like the SS at all! I'll try to update pictures soon.

So Oscar was setting again last night but this morning one of the other hens kicked her off the nest it's everyone's favorite box to lay in. Should I try and move her to a dog crate or should I take some wire and box in around the nest so she's not disturbed and give her her own food and water? The other hens would just have to use the other two boxes. This is the first time I've had broody hens and I don't have any issues with boots because she has her own separate spot for laying and brooding and no one bothers her.

Back
Top Bottom