Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I bought a bag of pelleted feed for Snowbird. He seems to be a bit perkier today. His beak doesn't look as raw as it did at first, so I'm hoping it isn't as painful now either.
We have a large bird (feathered feet farmyard hen) that was born with a distorted beak. Cindy trims it every now and then so it can eat. It grows back. I'm no expert but maybe that beak will grow back. Sort of like a fingernail?

My chicks are here! About 24 hours after I got the shipping email from Mt. Healthy, the Post Office called.

IMG_E3475.JPG
More pictures here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/sallys-gf3-thread.1579174/page-2#post-26840776

The top of my head might fall off, I'm grinning so widely.

It seems that I have a broody hen. My buff orp has been sitting on a clutch for several days now. It will probably be a wasted effort. I don't think my chanty roo is fertile. He hasn't been in the past. I also have a duck sitting on eggs but she only sits at night. It was last year on the day of CS@@ that she hatched 22. I hope she doesn't hatch any this year. I'm not sure Dreaamz would take them. :gig

There is a frost/freeze warning for tonight. I'll be bringing in pots and baskets tonight. It looks to be a night for a fire and a movie.

Back
Top Bottom