MJ's little flock

Well, Easter was a blur of desk work, I'm providing daily support staff, daily accommodations for people whose lives are not going to plan. Hundreds of emails in last couple of weeks, it'll be thousands soon. All my long term projects are faltering.

Just gotta hold on and ride the wave.

Anyway, getting back to things that really matter... It's still wet in places but will dry out to a consistent colour. Then the veranda slab will be painted, probably a dark colour to set off the antique brickwork around the doors and windows.

View attachment 3796616

View attachment 3796617

View attachment 3796618

View attachment 3796619

View attachment 3796620
Hang in there! And it looks great.

Well, Easter was a blur of desk work, I'm providing daily support staff, daily accommodations for people whose lives are not going to plan. Hundreds of emails in last couple of weeks, it'll be thousands soon. All my long term projects are faltering.

Just gotta hold on and ride the wave.

Anyway, getting back to things that really matter... It's still wet in places but will dry out to a consistent colour. Then the veranda slab will be painted, probably a dark colour to set off the antique brickwork around the doors and windows.

View attachment 3796616

View attachment 3796617

View attachment 3796618

View attachment 3796619

View attachment 3796620
It is looking wonderful! 🥰

Hang in there! And it looks great.

It is looking wonderful! 🥰
Thanks!

Painting will make a huge difference.

I've just about decided to put the garden chairs out on the veranda as they're too heavy and awkward to steal easily and it won't matter too much if they are stolen one day.

These ones

IMG_2024-03-14-08-02-31-476.jpg

Then I'll get a swing seat on an a-frame with a canopy for snoozing in the backyard.

Thanks!

Painting will make a huge difference.

I've just about decided to put the garden chairs out on the veranda as they're too heavy and awkward to steal easily and it won't matter too much if they are stolen one day.

These ones

View attachment 3796924

Then I'll get a swing seat on an a-frame with a canopy for snoozing in the backyard.
I love this idea.

I took time out for lunch yesterday.

IMG_2024-04-11-13-18-09-417.jpg

It was nice to see the beach chickens again :)

The real chickens are moulting in various phases. Ivy's in phase 2. Mary's almost done dropping feathers and is mainly growing her new ones. Christa is in phase 1. Peggy's at the end of phase 2. Edie's finished. Katie never started and is looking a little scruffy.

And the big news on the veranda is that the builder has booked a painter :) I haven't been told a date yet, it'll depend on the painter's other bookings and on how well those earlier bookings go.
I am very excited about this.
I understand that it is possible that you are even more excited than I am!

Back
Top Bottom