My 2 ducks are fighting one is a bully!!! Help!

Stellasmomma

Songster
May 23, 2022
Hi Friends!
I am new to ducks, I got two ducklings on may 20th a white crested and a blue runner they have been together since I got them and have always got along well and seemed very bonded. Fast forward to today and I found the runner duck grabbing my poor crested by the hair tuff and dragging him/her around!! they have never fought and have been very bonded does anyone know why the aggression all of a sudden? I don't know if they are boys or girls I think they are both girls by the quack but I am inexperienced so I could be wrong. Poor DRE (white crested ) is such a mellow duck and does not fight back so I feel so bad!! Any advice appreciated! Thank you!!

Your "bully" sounds like a drake, or an aggressive duck just establishing the pecking order. This will only be temporary, they will get things sorted out quickly :)

Your "bully" sounds like a drake, or an aggressive duck just establishing the pecking order. This will only be temporary, they will get things sorted out quickly :)
Thank you! At what age can you clearly tell male from female? As I said I am not good with the quack differences they sound female from what I have researched but I could totally be wrong! I am glad this should not be a normal thing!

Thank you! At what age can you clearly tell male from female? As I said I am not good with the quack differences they sound female from what I have researched but I could totally be wrong! I am glad this should not be a normal thing!
Could you send a picture of them? And of course, glad to help!

Attachments

• Dolly1.jpg
    Dolly1.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 10
  • dolly2.jpg
    dolly2.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 10
  • dolly3.jpg
    dolly3.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 10
  • DRE1.jpg
    DRE1.jpg