My chicken is not laying eggs

I mix all organic wheat, cracked corn, hulled hemp seeds, some oatmeal, and grits. Other chicks laying very good
Unfortunately, that's a pretty poor diet. Low in protein, vitamins and minerals, high in carbs. Do you use vitamin fines or a solid protein source?
There's many nice organic feeds on the market, I'd recommend you get one, you can use your mix as scratch but it's not a complete feed.
Your birds health and productivity will not be at its best on that type of diet.

Last edited:
Thank you for your response. Hemp seeds is high protein food - equivalent for meat. I also add vitamins and minerals in water. Sometimes I feed them with eggs.

If the other hens are laying, I really don't think the feed is the problem. Poor feed as in not enough calories will slow or stop egg laying. Starvation is what I mean.

But if the other hens are laying, she looks beautiful to me, you may just have gotten a genetically sterile bird. Some animals just do not reproduce. This is true in all species. It does not happen real often, but it does happen.

You can either cull her and replace her with a laying bird, or just keep her, up to you. But I don't think you can make her lay.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom