My dog had puppies this morning !

poultrykeeper08

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Agawam , Ma
This morning my yorkie, Miracle had puppies . She had 2 but only 1 made it . It's a little girl .

My mom went to open her crate and she was backed up to the front of the crate with a puppy hanging in the sac . I had to break the sac but the pup was already dead . I thought she had just the one but then i seen a tail wiggling around .

She has been around an un altered male the whole time but are vet told us she could never have puppies becausecshe never seemed to go into heat. I thought her stomach was getting bigger and even told my mom she looked pregnant but the vet told us over and over again she would never be able to breed . And then yesterday I noticed her nipples looked like they had milk in them but thought it was just me cuz again the vet said no puppies

And today WHAM! a puppy

Last edited:
Wow thats so exciting!! You could take it to the vet and say well well well lol anyway GOOD LUCK hith the lil guys!!!
ya.gif

Sounds like Your dog has a very apt name after what has just happened.

You will have to give your new little girl a wonderful name too. I hope both mum and bub are doing well.

Quote:
Imagine the same type of situation but at least I had a week after I caught the milk but 14 pupppies!!

Quote:
I'd be weary though... there may be a reason why your vet said she couldn't have puppies... maybe it was because something could happen to her if she had puppies. If this was her first heat, she shouldn't have gotten pregnant. Especially since dogs don't fully mature until 2 years of age - strange enough, it's similar to a child having a kid. Yes, 16 year old girls can have babies, but their bodies are not fully developed yet and it can cause damage to have children/puppies that young of age. Also, they may not be mentally ready and it could hurt them mentally too.
hmm.png

If I were you, I'd take mama to the vet right now and do a post-pregnancy test as well as with baby. Also, spaying both her AND her pup would do some good - you don't want to add anymore puppies into the world
sad.png
A lot of them are being put down at the shelter right now%Pr

Quote:
I'd be weary though... there may be a reason why your vet said she couldn't have puppies... maybe it was because something could happen to her if she had puppies. If this was her first heat, she shouldn't have gotten pregnant. Especially since dogs don't fully mature until 2 years of age - strange enough, it's similar to a child having a kid. Yes, 16 year old girls can have babies, but their bodies are not fully developed yet and it can cause damage to have children/puppies that young of age. Also, they may not be mentally ready and it could hurt them mentally too.
hmm.png

If I were you, I'd take mama to the vet right now and do a post-pregnancy test as well as with baby. Also, spaying both her AND her pup would do some good - you don't want to add anymore puppies into the world
sad.png
A lot of them are being put down at the shelter right now%Pr

Ditto.

Also if the dogs turn out fine, I'd say find a new vet. Doesn't seem to be the brightest with that many obvious signs.

Back
Top Bottom