My Drake just laid an egg

eggsCan you get a photo of your "drake" please? Drakes can't lay eggs, and female are known to mount each other for sun sometimes. Its likely you have two females, and Dawdles has been laying for a while.
You actually watched Waddles lay both eggs? Your certain one wasn't from Dawdles?
W&D-DeNoiseAI-clear.jpg
That's him in the pool and I saw her lay both eggs multiple times.

But poultry rarely lay two eggs a day.
i have two girls and three drakes (the oldest are almost 3, i’m completely sure of their genders) and my girls used to lay 3 eggs a day all the time! not healthy for them though, and my girls are pets (we don’t use or sell their eggs in anyway) so definitely not a good thing

i have two girls and three drakes (the oldest are almost 3, i’m completely sure of their genders) and my girls used to lay 3 eggs a day all the time! not healthy for them though, and my girls are pets (we don’t use or sell their eggs in anyway) so definitely not a good thing
:confused: Maybe you just have weird ducks..? ;)

I agree and have discussed with vet. Vet said keep an eye on her to see if she starts showing signs of being exhausted. They are both only 8 months old so hormones are playing a roll.

Back
Top Bottom