My duck just threw up!!! Help

JeffysMom

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 3, 2014
Shes about a month and a half old and I picked her up and she began to vomit up her water and food.Is there something I should give her?
sickbyc.gif

Shes about a month and a half old and I picked her up and she began to vomit up her water and food.Is there something I should give her?
sickbyc.gif
Sometimes when they are stressed or if they have a full crop so to speak it can happen if pressure is applied. Recently I had to pick up my goose to look at her foot and she did this, unless your duck keeps it up I wouldn't worry. You could put some ACV into her water 1 tea to 1 cup of water or 1 tab to 1 gallon if you have more than one duck.

Last edited:
I pick her up near her breast so she doesn't kick herself in the face. I just got worried because i pick her up like that all the time. I'm very gentle and set her down almost immediately after I pick her up.

I pick her up near her breast so she doesn't kick herself in the face. I just got worried because i pick her up like that all the time. I'm very gentle and set her down almost immediately after I pick her up.
If she had just drank water and eaten you usually see this more often. Just keep an eye on her but I bet she is fine.

One of mine threw up twice in five mins. I didn’t pick him up.
Man, being a duck mom is stressful at times. 😬

One of mine threw up twice in five mins. I didn’t pick him up.
Man, being a duck mom is stressful at times. 😬

Do you have a picture of the regurgitated material? What color was it, what consistency, how much?

What is she being fed, any treats? How does her poop look? Do you only offer her feed a few times a day? If yes, did the vomiting occur after the food was offered?

Do you have a picture of the regurgitated material? What color was it, what consistency, how much?

What is she being fed, any treats? How does her poop look? Do you only offer her feed a few times a day? If yes, did the vomiting occur after the food was offered?
He threw up most of the day.
The throw up has all the food he ate, and a long green plant like thing. I think that’s what did it. None of the others did.
He hasn’t puked today so far.
Poop looks normal.

He threw up most of the day.
The throw up has all the food he ate, and a long green plant like thing. I think that’s what did it. None of the others did.
He hasn’t puked today so far.
Poop looks normal.

How is she doing today?

I agree, the long plant thing, was likely the problem.

Back
Top Bottom