My first Pipping!!

Juliechickens

Songster
12 Years
Apr 7, 2007
Memphis, TN
YESSSSSS,,,one of my little eggs has broken through it's shell! It's the smallest little egg in the batch. This is day 20 for them. Ohhhhh how sweet!!!! Okay,,so yes i will have my nose to the incubator the rest of the day!
QUESTION: I am using a seperate incubator to hatch my eggs with. I have another set that is due to go in this incubator today for it is day 18 for them and they need to come off the turner. Is it safe to quickly slide 8 more eggs in the incubator with the egg that is pipping? Could I damage the process of the eggs already in there??? Please advise! Julie:confused:

I'm not sure about you're question... Maybe, but wouldn't it be letting out some of the humidity?

As for the pipping-yay!! You've gicen my Midget Egg hope! I'm on day 19, so keep me updated! Want to know what to expect a day before hand!
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
clap.gif

Julie.....I dont think you should open the bator, with the pipping chick in there. You will drop the humidity very quickly. Can you just turn the turner off of the other bator, untill your hatchlings come out?

Deb, actually, I can't turn the other incubator's turner off because there is yet another set which still has 4 more days left to stay on the turner. My only option is to go buy another incubator or quickly barely lift the lid of the incubator and slide the second set of eggs which is starting their 18th day, in there. I'm not sure yet what I should do,,,I'm still pondering it. I did already barely lift lid to add more water this morning though....I did it in 5 seconds flat trying to hurry!! Oh,,,decisions decisions!! ARGG! This is soooo nerve wrecking!!!!
Oh that little egg that has pipped is just darling....just a small little white egg holding it's own. I remember when I candled it I KNEW for sure that one in particular was developing well. As soon as I candled it,,,I quickly placed it back in the incubator and said "Well, that little guy is doing well to be so small"! It was easy to see because of the white egg so I could clearly see through it.
I also heard some peeping going on in the incubator this morning too! It made the hair on my head stand up!!!! So excited and so nervous at the same time!
By the way,,,these are frizzle Cochin eggs I'm hatching right now. Oh so cute! I just checked them and the one egg has just made another small breakage in the egg!!! Go baby go!! The others have yet to start but I will keep posting on here as I go,,,for I can't help myself! I have no one else to talk with about it but you guys. All my other friends think I'm crazy but they are not the animal nutcakes as I am. I have been my whole life. Only my husband and my mother understand my love for animals.
Thank you for your reply! You have no idea how much it means to me to have people respond to me who understand what is going on with a hatch. I'm so thankful I found this website!!!
Sincerely,
Julie
smile.png

wee.gif

Last edited:
Julie....how many eggs are on day 18?? MAYBE you can slip them in, if you are REALLY fast! I would be carefull tho, watch your humidity. Can you post pics?? We all just love to see pipping chicks. Good luck, and let us know when the little one comes out!

Deb,
I have 9 eggs on day 20 and 9 more eggs on day 18. I just quickly slipped them in,,,barely lifting top,,,just enough room for my hand to go inside and gently place the new eggs. Few minutes later,,,the first egg broke a little more of it's shell! Hopefully, all is well.
Yes,,,I will post a picture later on today when my husband is here to show me how to add a picture. I'm not good at that stuff at all!! I can type,,,but I'm lost when it comes to adding pictures to anything!!!! I'll post one tonight! Thank you for your support!! I'll keep posting if there are more changes in the egg(s)!
Julie
jumpy.gif

OH MY GOSH ANOTHER ONE JUST MADE IT'S FIRST PIPPING!!!! HOOORAY!! OH I'M DOING THE CHICKEN DANCE NOW!!! THAT'S TWO THAT HAVE OFFICIALLY BROKEN THEIR SHELL!!!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
ep.gif

Julie
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom