On a scale of one to ten how much do you rate my rooster Red?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Way under the range of 0

• Total voters
Sep 22, 2019
I’m positive he’s a maran easter egger he loves to sit in my lap and he is very docile and friendly and sweet he’s a little bit shy sometimes he’s very pretty and colorful. I recently read more about the maran side and noticed that their very rare and that he fits the description of the French maran rooster perfectly the only part he doesnt fit is the eye color he has dark brown eyes not orange. He has muffs and a bear like an Easter egger. he has a single comb. He is black orange and green. He’s very colorful and he has thinly feathered legs like the French copper Maran description In the Frances type. I also have another one that looks like him but he’s younger and is less colorful and a different personality. I also have two more of them but they are female you can see the one that’s reds age in th e second picture she’s full black and looks like him but has a small comb then I have a younger one of her that is a tiny copy with a similar cute personality. I have this rooster who is 5 months old he loves my 3 week old baby chicks and he follows then around making sure they don't get hurt. One day one of them went missing and we searched everywhere. The next day my rooster found it stuck in-between two rocks that I checked more than once. He pulled the baby out by the wing and followed it then went to me to get my attention he's also protective of the babies one of the hens pecked one and he pecked the hen. I had a rooster that let chicks go under his wings in the past but he sadly died. So this ain't my 1st broody rooster. He is a Olive egger to my knowledge I guess because he's an Easter egger he has the coloring of a maran and he might be a Cochin because he has feathered legs but the feathers aren't big they are small so I'm positive he's a Easter egger maran. He's shy around strangers doesn't like getting picked up at 1st untill your holding him then he's calm and purrs he also makes a cooing noise around the baby chicks.
Here’s two images sorry the second ones a little blurry...View attachment 2106801View attachment 2106802

He looks like a mix breed, a maran rooster would look more like this:
20191230_131029.jpg

I had a rooster almost identical and he was mostly maran x Isbar, but had some other stuff in there as well. You'd be safe labeling him a barnyard mix or an EE, since they're pretty much the same thing. He's pretty though and might pass on some genes for olive, blue or darker brown eggs if you're lucky (but I wouldn't bet the farm on it!) :)

I had a rooster almost identical and he was mostly maran x Isbar, but had some other stuff in there as well. You'd be safe labeling him a barnyard mix or an EE, since they're pretty much the same thing. He's pretty though and might pass on some genes for olive, blue or darker brown eggs if you're lucky (but I wouldn't bet the farm on it!) :)
He has the rare lightly feathered legs from the maran side and he looks like an Easter egger. We were given him for free and other chicks and fertile eggs and were told they where cochins. He was pure black but when he started growing I realized the feathers were the legs not the feet. And he developed colors. A month later after the fertile eggs hatched they grew and I have one that looks like red but came from a light tan egg but he has a little less color and more black

I call him a Olive or Easter egger his name is red

Back
Top Bottom