Jul 28, 2022
South Australia
Okay so I’m a little bit worried

why aren’t my hybrid’s comb’s growing? They are 6 months old and I’m worried about it. Is there a problem? Maybe a disease? It’s probably because of them being crossbred but I’m not sure. (same chickens as my last post, Loona and clover) clover is growing some healthy looking wattles and starting a comb (I think) and Loona isn’t growing any at all. Even my purebred light Sussex pullet isn’t (snowy is growing a comb but no wattles)

any thoughts?

(and yes, we have 3 hens and a cockerel. Not a gender thing)
p.s, our cockerel already has a healthy comb & wattles

Okay so I’m a little bit worried

why aren’t my hybrid’s comb’s growing? They are 6 months old and I’m worried about it. Is there a problem? Maybe a disease? It’s probably because of them being crossbred but I’m not sure. (same chickens as my last post, Loona and clover) clover is growing some healthy looking wattles and starting a comb (I think) and Loona isn’t growing any at all. Even my purebred light Sussex pullet isn’t (snowy is growing a comb but no wattles)

any thoughts?

(and yes, we have 3 hens and a cockerel. Not a gender thing)
p.s, our cockerel already has a healthy comb & wattles
What breeds are they crossed with? Can you post pictures of them?

What breeds are they crossed with? Can you post pictures of them?
Now that I look, it looks like they are starting XD but I feel like they should be fully grown by now?

Attachments

• 7F6F5B7C-FD11-47C8-A69A-4C1F9229CD9A.jpeg
    7F6F5B7C-FD11-47C8-A69A-4C1F9229CD9A.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 9
  • F2F71CE9-42D0-481A-8F6A-1D619587A338.jpeg
    F2F71CE9-42D0-481A-8F6A-1D619587A338.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 44D945E2-10E5-4FA6-A2D6-9D947A8995A8.jpeg
    44D945E2-10E5-4FA6-A2D6-9D947A8995A8.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 6
  • D07DA07E-B3DB-4EEB-9CA6-E2CF527401F2.jpeg
    D07DA07E-B3DB-4EEB-9CA6-E2CF527401F2.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 6
Now that I look, it looks like they are starting XD but I feel like they should be fully grown by now?
The bird in the first two pictures is a mix, most likey has some Wyandotte in it. It has a rose comb. The bird in the last two pictures is a Easter Egger, it has a pea comb. They are different comb types.

As for the wattle size, Easter Eggers as they are a mix, not a breed. Easter Eggers can have obvious wattles, as well as some birds being more discreet. Your other bird's wattles may grow a little more, 6 months is not fully matured as yet. Different birds can have larger wattles than others. Both your birds look heathy and well, nothing is wrong with their development.

The bird in the first two pictures is a mix, most likey has some Wyandotte in it. It has a rose comb. The bird in the last two pictures is a Easter Egger, it has a pea comb. They are diffrent comb types.

As for the wattle size, Easter Eggers as they are a mix, not a breed. Easter Eggers can have obvious wattles, as well as some birds being more discreet. Your other bird's wattles may grow a little more, 6 months is not fully matured as yet. Diffrent birds can have larger wattles than others. Both your birds look heathy and well, nothing is wrong with their development.
wow! Thank you!

The bird in the first two pictures is a mix, most likey has some Wyandotte in it. It has a rose comb. The bird in the last two pictures is a Easter Egger, it has a pea comb. They are different comb types.

As for the wattle size, Easter Eggers as they are a mix, not a breed. Easter Eggers can have obvious wattles, as well as some birds being more discreet. Your other bird's wattles may grow a little more, 6 months is not fully matured as yet. Different birds can have larger wattles than others. Both your birds look heathy and well, nothing is wrong with their development.
Oh and also, could you clarify what kind of Wyandotte? And she also I think might be part Sussex?

Back
Top Bottom