My pet quail hurt her leg walking back into her box

Phanata

Songster
Jul 3, 2020
Now my dad thinks she sprained it but we aren’t really sure, her left leg isn’t responding but it looks the same, it doesn’t seem to hurt much since she can move around now just not very effectively, she still eats her food and water and has gone into her sand box, we don’t think it’s broken it isn’t bending the wrong way or something, I’m just worried

Now my dad thinks she sprained it but we aren’t really sure, her left leg isn’t responding but it looks the same, it doesn’t seem to hurt much since she can move around now just not very effectively, she still eats her food and water and has gone into her sand box, we don’t think it’s broken it isn’t bending the wrong way or something, I’m just worried
Quail/birds heal quickly; as long as she is eating, drinking, and eating normally, she will be fine in a few days.

Okay update she is doing better her leg is now responsive she just isn’t standing on it probably because it hurts to do so

Here is a picture of her from about a week ago

Attachments

• 3469EDA0-A6EE-4AF3-AC7D-35C2647217D8.jpeg
    3469EDA0-A6EE-4AF3-AC7D-35C2647217D8.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 5
okay it’s been over a week and She is a lot better but not fully healed yet and I’m not sure how much longer she will be until she is fully healed,, should I be worried or is this normal for quail?

okay it’s been over a week and She is a lot better but not fully healed yet and I’m not sure how much longer she will be until she is fully healed,, should I be worried or is this normal for quail?
As long as there's continual improvement, all is well. Besides, worry will not help, you or the quail. Be patient; she will be fine. And if, for some reason, she always as a limp, she will adapt and be a happy bird.

Back
Top Bottom