Naked Necks - Standard Heritage Large Fowl

I have a few pictures of our black pullet.  She's still young, she's showing a few random light feathers that I'm hoping will molt out.

Is the black on her face a fault?  Is it something that can easily be bred out?

I'm going to add pictures from my phone, its just easier to type on the computer! ;)

Last edited:
Thank you!

I didn't even think of her eye color being wrong...I wish I understood genetics a little better to know if she's worth hanging onto and with the right rooster might be able to get closer to SOP.

I think my original hens are further from SOP than she is and the current cockerel I have is beautiful but I think he'd be better off for 'fun projects'. Plus he hates the camera...and me...lol

I have a few pictures of our black pullet. She's still young, she's showing a few random light feathers that I'm hoping will molt out.

Is the black on her face a fault? Is it something that can easily be bred out?

I'm going to add pictures from my phone, its just easier to type on the computer!
wink.png

Her eye color seems to be good, you would think black NN have black eyes but not true with NN. Her face will probably become more red once she matures.

Pics from Germanys Black NN the most purest NN ever. These are bantams but you get the idea.

Last edited:
just stalking a bit & thought I would say hey. I have a few NN, but all bowtied, so I still have some breeding to do.

Back
Top Bottom