Need advice on rehoming chickens

CoriStyle

Hatching
Apr 19, 2024
Hi there, I joined here for the welfare of my neighbor's chickens. I am going to approach him to see if he needs help rehoming them. I am worried about his sweet chickens, which I say hello to on my daily walks. He no longer cares for his front yard chickens. The smell is intense, and the poor babies run out, squeaking for attention. It's clear the owner is neglecting them. He may be interested in rehoming them. Other neighbors said his wife moved out and used to be the main caregiver. Should I approach him and ask him if he needs help? Not sure what to do. Do you have any advice or resources for me? Thank you.

Hi there, I joined here for the welfare of my neighbor's chickens. I am going to approach him to see if he needs help rehoming them. I am worried about his sweet chickens, which I say hello to on my daily walks. He no longer cares for his front yard chickens. The smell is intense, and the poor babies run out, squeaking for attention. It's clear the owner is neglecting them. He may be interested in rehoming them. Other neighbors said his wife moved out and used to be the main caregiver. Should I approach him and ask him if he needs help? Not sure what to do. Do you have any advice or resources for me? Thank you.
You should ask him if he needs help. I think it would be best to find a new home for them. Hopefully you can get more advice from some others around here.

Poor chickens! It’s so nice you care about them!

If his wife was the primary caretaker and she abandoned them when she left he could use some advise on how to care for them properly. I would approach the subject carefully so not to offend him which will give you better results.If he didn't like chickens he probably would have gotten rid of them by now.

Walk a different way.

Unless you know him personally, talk frequently about all sorts of things, this is not your concern. There may be a lot of circumstances that you know nothing about.

Unless you want to purchase them, and keep them yourself, then you could make an offer.

Mrs K
What this Mrs k said! I'd only offer to buy. Maybe call your local animal control and let them make the person mad. Going to him to say his birds are not cared for may really upset him. Especially with the loss of his wife. He may be doing all he can and be really sad. They may be all he had left.

Back
Top Bottom