New duck house with pond

Hi @anndye92 ! It’s about 3.75’ in the center and has shelves. We have a bio filter now, so we don’t change the water fully ever. We do partial water changes maybe every two months. :)

@CLovesDucks, this is a lovely set-up! Would you share what filter, exactly, you have? Every evening, we use a pump to help get the water out of our pond and spread it over the yard, but it's getting tough with the temperatures dropping and more frequent rain. We've looked into so many filters but it's really hard to know which one will work—I'd prefer to hear from someone with experience. Thank you!

@CLovesDucks, this is a lovely set-up! Would you share what filter, exactly, you have? Every evening, we use a pump to help get the water out of our pond and spread it over the yard, but it's getting tough with the temperatures dropping and more frequent rain. We've looked into so many filters but it's really hard to know which one will work—I'd prefer to hear from someone with experience. Thank you!

Hi @sierraforest! We quickly learned that no store bought filter/pump setup could manage the duck poop. We built a bio filter using a plastic stock tank from tractor supply, an ungodly amount of sponges, aerobic bacteria starter and a mega pump! It’s been amazing and works like a charm. Happy to send you full details if you’d like. :hugs

Hi @sierraforest! We quickly learned that no store bought filter/pump setup could manage the duck poop. We built a bio filter using a plastic stock tank from tractor supply, an ungodly amount of sponges, aerobic bacteria starter and a mega pump! It’s been amazing and works like a charm. Happy to send you full details if you’d like. :hugs
In all the research I've done, I don't think I've come across info for a DIY bio filter—I'm impressed! And I'd love details, thank you so much. Hopefully we'll be able to build our own because you're not the first person who's basically said duck poop is impossible. :)

We’re looking to build a pond for our new ducks too. Can you send me the details on your filter set up?

Back
Top Bottom