New in the business

Elpajaro

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2022
Hi Colleagues . Happy Tuesday

I have a couple of questions.

I want to start a family business related to chicken poultry. However, I dont have enough expertise on this but the will and a very general knowledge.

can somebody walk me thru the process? My plan goes as follow:

1. Renting a land, less than 1 AC to start with
2. building a barn, nothing too big, it will fit around 1000-2000 chiks. do you know where could I buy these baby chiks for a good price?
3. growing these during 6 weeks and selling those to a poultry processing plant. does anybody know where else can I sell those to?
4. repeat the process
5.6.7.8 any advise for the food? storage? providers? etc? etc? etc?

please let me know if you have any additional advise or any comment, would be more than welcome. For real, Im going to need as much support as possible, since I'm planning to quit my current office job to develop my own business.

Thanks.

This seems like a lot to take on at once. I would start small so you don't lose money. Try a small amount of chicks to sell and see if that works first. Buying land and building is a big investment. Start small.
Thanks for your feedback Samantha, I appreciate it.
Im not buying but renting a land.
Maybe 500'ish chiks would be a better number to start with. I know Im not recovering the initial investment during the first batch but later.
Starting small :)

Just checking..I don't want you to lose out on an investment. I too am going to be selling some chicks. But small. Just gonna try to even the playing field on feed costs. If I can just pay for feed and straw. Have you hatched before?
Thanks for your feedback Samantha, I appreciate it.
Im not buying but renting a land.
Maybe 500'ish chiks would be a better number to start with. I know Im not recovering the initial investment during the first batch but later.
Starting small :)

Just checking..I don't want you to lose out on an investment. I too am going to be selling some chicks. But small. Just gonna try to even the playing field on feed costs. If I can just pay for feed and straw. Have you hatched before?
I havent hatched before. I more interested about buying newly born chiks to raise them instead of hatching them .

Ohh your selling older chicks..I get it. Well laying hens are going for 20 to 30 in my area. Higher at livestock auctions oddly.
This is more or less my target

1650403743872.png

Back
Top Bottom