BabyChicMama

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2024
OBX NC
Hey guys I'm new here as a member and as a baby chic momma. I'm so glad I found this page lol any help or info to get me started is more then welcomed lol it's much needed. Sooooo feel free to school me on how to get started. I just received 12 babies about a week old. HELP HAHA!!!! My goal is to raise happy, healthy, and spoiled free range chickens. These guys are family now so we only want the best of the best. P.S. I have 4 dogs 3 big and 1 small any info for right now on how to integrate these guys so we can all live together in harmony and ofcourse safely would be AMAZING. Thank you all who read and help me begin this amazing journey in advance, and I look forward to talking to yall....

Attachments

• 20240427_192744.jpg
    20240427_192744.jpg
    666.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240427_192737.jpg
    20240427_192737.jpg
    756.4 KB · Views: 8
Hey guys I'm new here as a member and as a baby chic momma. I'm so glad I found this page lol any help or info to get me started is more then welcomed lol it's much needed. Sooooo feel free to school me on how to get started. I just received 12 babies about a week old. HELP HAHA!!!! My goal is to raise happy, healthy, and spoiled free range chickens. These guys are family now so we only want the best of the best. P.S. I have 4 dogs 3 big and 1 small any info for right now on how to integrate these guys so we can all live together in harmony and ofcourse safely would be AMAZING. Thank you all who read and help me begin this amazing journey in advance, and I look forward to talking to yall....
:welcome

Hello!!!!! :frow I'm so glad you joined BYC!
One thing I wish I knew before getting my last batch of chicks was that that breed was sex-linked........oh well.
Sex-linked chickens are a mix of a barred rock hen and a single colored rooster I'm pretty positive. The hen passes down her barred gene to the roos, making them look different from the females. If those are barred rocks in your pics, you might possibly have some roos! Many roosters are super sweet despite the rumors of them being mean (sometimes you might get a mean rooster here and there.)
1714262124753.png
1714262229243.png

http://www.hobbymommycreations.ca/2016/05/sexing-barred-plymouth-rock-chicks.html

Welcome to BYC. I do NOT recommend trying to integrate chickens with dogs. Dogs are hunters and chickens are prey and they will be killed.
Thank you for the advice fortunately my pups are extremely friendly with other animals, 2 of them have come existed with chickens a few years ago for about a year and did fine but the other 2 have not been around any birds except seagulls lol.... I'm hoping to integrate them slowly while never ever leaving them alone together. They have no choice but to eventually share the same back yard which thankfully is very large. My pups are indoor pups and only go outside under my supervision even tho the yard is fenced so I'm praying once the chics get bigger they will get along. Most folks I no that have dogs and chickens don't have any problems but ofcourse that's only 2 people I no that even have chickens lol so we shall see.... again thank u so much for ur insight, I'm hoping someone or a few folks atleast may have some introduction tricks they can share to make things as smooth as possible. Right now I have the 12 chics in the house where the dogs cannot reach them and so far they are acting ok 🤞

Back
Top Bottom