New Member Introduction!

chase240

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2023
Somerville, TN
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I got my first flock of Rhode Island Reds back in 2020.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
33!

(3) What breeds do you have?
9 RIRs, 23 American Bresse, and 1 Sicilian Buttercup (my only named chicken - Princess Buttercup).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Knowing what goes into my food and the environment in which they are raised, watching them interact with each other (can be quite entertaining!), and experimenting with breeding.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Oh goodness, where to start? I have hobby ADD.
working on cars/trucks, vintage industrial sewing machines (and making denim products), computers/tech (I'm an IT manager), training my dogs, drawing, painting, and learning ham radio. There's a whole lot more, though!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My family and I live about an hour outside of Memphis, TN in a rural area. My parents are on just under 30 acres and are trying their hand at homesteading for the first time (life long goal for the two of them). I'm on just over 2 acres and I'm focusing on raising, breeding, and providing family & friends with a meat source that they can trust.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I've been lurking the forums for about as long as I've had chickens! I finally decided to register so that I can participate in the community and potentially find others that are in my area!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom