Oh wow !
Hens and Goldens ! How could I not welcome you to BCY ?
I have them both, well 8 hens and one golden.
(I don’t breed Ben, he’s very handsome but the head is empty 😂)
They get on very well, aren’t goldens the gentlest ! I’ve even seen Ben lick my hens - although only once as the reaction was pretty dramatic 😂
So pleased to have “met ?” you 🤗
Here are some pictures of both …
Hugz
I saw your bio, Cancer Warrior, my husband is fighting cancer and I am a grandma with 2 grandkids so far :celebrate

We can be best friends. I have 4 Golden Girls, oldest is Rain, retired at 7-1/2, then my next is Willa age 4 in August, had a litter last November and I kept the top pick girl who is Swayze and then I have Joy who will be 2 in December. I wait to breed until over age 2 to ensure they pass hips and elbows, heart at the age of 1 and eyes are done every year. I will breed in October again for Willa. Your boy is beautiful. I have 5 chickies that are Salmon Favorelle's and hoping they are all girls! My dogs would totally chase and kill them, especially Rain, all bird dog but they are way separated. Chicks are in my laundry room with a separate heat system where I whelp my puppies too, nice and safe. I got them a week ago today, they sure grow fast. The 1st pic is Willa and Swayze (9 wks then) and the 2nd pic is of Rain when she had a litter about 3 years ago.
My Big Bag Beefy Ben ❤️ aka Mr Squishy Bear, Shame they have to grow up 😂 Normally it is good coz their head gets filled with obedience and good things but Ben nah just Balls and Play. He is only 6 and has arthritis already 😔 probably coz he’s really big, but not fat, he’s 45kg ! A really big chap.

Attachments

• IMG_3308.jpeg
    IMG_3308.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 5
My Big Bag Beefy Ben ❤️ aka Mr Squishy Bear, Shame they have to grow up 😂 Normally it is good coz their head gets filled with obedience and good things but Ben nah just Balls and Play. He is only 6 and has arthritis already 😔 probably coz he’s really big, but not fat, he’s 45kg ! A really big chap.
I can tell you now, he is too big. Get some weight off of him and it will really help. A lot of my families think they look great. You should be able to see his waist line and feel his rib easily. Put him on a light calorie food. My almost 8 year old is trim, when she gets too much weight, I feed her 1 can of green beans with only 1/4 cup of food every night and then just 3/4 cup of low calorie dog food and she sheds the weight. She plays ball at least twice a day for 15 minutes but for your boy, I would walk him 15 minutes a day at least. He will have a longer life if you get his weight off.

I can tell you now, he is too big. Get some weight off of him and it will really help. A lot of my families think they look great. You should be able to see his waist line and feel his rib easily. Put him on a light calorie food. My almost 8 year old is trim, when she gets too much weight, I feed her 1 can of green beans with only 1/4 cup of food every night and then just 3/4 cup of low calorie dog food and she sheds the weight. She plays ball at least twice a day for 15 minutes but for your boy, I would walk him 15 minutes a day at least. He will have a longer life if you get his weight off.
He’s really not, he’s huge in height and build. I know it sounds like an excuse but look at these and the size of his head. Honestly he is emense. We have to feed him St Bernard food, his father was a crufts champion in 2015. Take a look …

Attachments

• IMG_1467.jpeg
    IMG_1467.jpeg
    415.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1464.jpeg
    IMG_1464.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom